* Tupelo, Miss.-based Renasant is acquiring Lawrenceville, Ga.-based Brand Group Holdings for about $452.9 million, or $1,447 per share.
* CME Group is buying London-based NEX Group in a deal valued at £10 per share.
* Comptroller of the Currency Joseph Otting said that his agency's proposal that would "revolutionize" the Community Reinvestment Act is expected to be out for comments in April.
* Outgoing FDIC Vice Chairman Thomas Hoenig said the Volcker rule should still be applicable to all banks with insured deposits as it mitigates mispriced risks.
* Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta President Raphael Bostic is pushing for the Fed to continue increasing interest rates until it reaches neutral, Reuters reports.
* Morgan Stanley allegedly did not take any action on Douglas Greenberg, one of the bank's top financial advisers, who was charged or accused multiple times of threatening or abusing women, The New York Times reports.
* The FDIC issued a consent order against New Jersey-based Cross River Bank for offering unsecured consumer loans that were misrepresented and lacked material information.
* Cboe Global Markets is planning to launch a closing auction mechanism, called Cboe Market Close.
* And Aspen Insurance Holdings is in takeover discussions with several parties and is preparing to begin a bid process, sources for The Insurance Insider say.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription.
S&P Global Market Intelligence provides links to external sites where these offer further, relevant information to our readers. While we ensure that such links are functional at the time of publication, we are not responsible in instances where those links are unavailable later.