S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a rundown of executive changes in the U.S. technology, media and telecommunications industries.
* AMC Networks Inc. is integrating AMC Studios into its Entertainment Networks Group unit, according to a news release. As a result, David Madden, president of programming for the Entertainment Networks and AMC Studios, will step down from the position later this month.
* Oculus VR LLC co-founder Nate Mitchell is leaving Facebook Inc. Mitchell, who was the social media company's head of virtual reality product, announced the move in a tweet.
* Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. appointed Scott Herbst as the new head of scripted development for Lionsgate Television Group, Variety reported. The company named Jocelyn Sabo senior vice president of television.
* Walt Disney Co.'s ABC Entertainment tapped Simran Sethi to be executive vice president of development and content strategy, effective Aug. 19, Variety reported, citing a company statement. In this role, Sethi will head all of ABC (US)'s scripted comedy, drama, and long-form series development in addition to developing new content strategies for the network.
* Satish Menon will resign as Shutterfly Inc.'s senior vice president and chief technology officer, effective Sept. 6. He will continue as the company's chief technology officer until that date. The move comes after Lisa Blackwood-Kapral resigned as vice president and chief accounting officer of the company in July.
* Meet Group created two new positions to split the responsibilities of its chief accounting officer. Michael Johnson, formerly the company's chief accounting officer and principal accounting officer, will take on the new role of senior vice president of strategic planning and treasury. As a result, Johnson's role as principal accounting officer will be assumed by CFO James Bugden. The company also named Jaime Woodside to the newly created position of senior vice president of finance and accounting.
* Comcast Cable Communications LLC's advertising arm named Joel Armijo as senior vice president and CFO. Armijo joins Comcast Advertising from fuboTV Inc., where he was also CFO. He will report to Marcien Jenckes, president of advertising for Comcast Cable. Comcast Cable is a unit of Comcast Corp.
* Vice Media LLC has appointed Cliff Gulibert executive producer of Vice Digital's video team, overseeing the entire video production efforts, Variety reported. Gulibert previously was director of video for Munchies, Vice's food channel.
* Charles Baker will step down as CFO of Yelp Inc., effective Sept. 2, to join ticketing and event technology company Eventbrite Inc. in the same role. Baker will succeed Randy Befumo, who has been Eventbrite's CFO since 2016. Befumo was appointed to the role of chief strategy officer of the company. Vice President of Finance James Miln will be Yelp's interim CFO upon Baker's departure. Yelp's board has initiated a search for a new CFO.
Links are current at the time of publication. S&P Global Market Intelligence is not responsible if those links are unavailable later.