S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* The South Korean government is expected to appoint Choi Hee-nam CEO of Korea Investment Corp., The Chosun Ilbo reported. Choi is expected to take office in early April.
* Harbin Bank Co. Ltd. nominated Lv Tianjun and Sun Feixia executive directors, Liu Mingkun nonexecutive director, and Ma Yongqiang, Zhang Zheng and Sun Yan independent nonexecutive directors. The bank also nominated Liu Mo and Li Dong shareholder representative supervisor and external supervisor, respectively.
* Seto Gin Chung John will retire as an independent nonexecutive director of China Everbright Ltd., effective May 17.
* Aozora Bank Ltd. appointed Takeshi Ito executive officer and head of the advisory and investment group, effective April 1.
* Bart Broadman is set to step down as nonexecutive director from DBS Group Holdings Ltd.'s board, effective April 25.
* India-based Bandhan Bank Ltd. appointed Harun Rasid Khan an additional independent nonexecutive director, effective March 27.
* Guangxi Beibu Gulf Bk Co. Ltd. nominated Lu Wenzhong and Liu Xiliang directors.
* Waterland Financial Holding Co. Ltd. named Yang Wen-ching and Ying Wu director and supervisor, respectively, of unit International Bills Finance Corp. Both appointments took effect March 27.
* India-based Jayabharat Credit Ltd said Sumana Verma resigned as a board director. The company named Neetu Singhal an independent director. The moves took effect March 27.
* Mega Financial Holdings Co. Ltd. unit Mega Bills Finance Co. Ltd. appointed Hsiao Yu-Mei a board director, effective March 28. Hsiao replaces Lee Chen-Shan, who stepped down.
* Haitong International Securities Group Ltd. appointed Sun Tong executive director and Zhang Xinjun nonexecutive director, effective March 27.
* New York-based Citigroup Inc. named Jan Metzger head of corporate and investment banking for Asia-Pacific, effective June 1, Reuters reported.
* Willis Towers Watson PLC named Simon Weaver leader of corporate risk and broking for Asia and Australasia, comprising mainly Australia and New Zealand.
* Allfunds Bank SAU named Alexis Fosler regional manager of Asia.
* Morgan Stanley Bank International (China) Ltd. said Angela Yang Liu assumed the role of chairperson of its board.
* China CITIC Bank Corp. Ltd. nominated Cao Guoqiang a nonexecutive director and Isaac Yan Lap Kei an independent nonexecutive director. Among other changes, the bank appointed Deng Changqing a nonemployee representative supervisor.
* South Korea's Mirae Asset Daewoo Co. Ltd. named Chairman Park Hyeon-joo to the newly created post of global chairman to focus on international operations, The Financial News reported.
* Malaysia-based Apex Equity Holdings Bhd. appointed Khalid bin Abu Bakar an independent director and Zulazman bin Zulkifli an executive director.
* Umesh Bellur, V. Chandrasekaran and Yasho Verdhan Verma stepped down as directors of Dena Bank, effective March 24.
* Guo Shuqing was named the Communist Party chief and deputy governor of the People's Bank of China, Reuters reported.
* Eclipx Group Ltd said Greg Ruddock will retire as nonexecutive director, effective March 31.
* Asia United Bank Corp. appointed Cynthia Santos senior vice president, head of its compliance group and chief compliance officer, effective April 1. Further, the bank appointed Ernesto Tan Uy senior vice president and head of the branch lending group, effective April 16.
* Bank of Qingdao Co. Ltd. appointed Deng Youcheng a nonexecutive director and Fang Qiaoling an independent nonexecutive director.
* Commonwealth Bank of Australia said three group executives — Melanie Laing, Kelly Bayer Rosmarin and David Whiteing — will leave the bank in the next few months.
* Bendigo & Adelaide Bank Ltd. named Marnie Baker managing director, effective July 2. Baker will replace Mike Hirst.
* AMP Ltd. said Craig Meller will retire as its CEO around the end of 2018.
* Anthony Prindiville and Mark Shepard will lead Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Co.'s casualty and property underwriting in the company's newly opened office in Perth, Western Australia.
* Rishabh Kumar Jain stepped down as CFO of India-based Amit Securities Ltd, effective March 31.
* Ernesto Uy and Maria Rita Nisperos stepped down as senior vice presidents of East West Banking Corp., effective April 15. The bank appointed Rommell Narvaez senior vice president and head of bank marketing and corporate communications, effective March 23.
* SinoPac Financial Holdings Co. Ltd. said Chang Chin-long and Kerry Hsu will step down as acting COO and chief investment officer, respectively. Hsu will remain as acting COO. Further, Eric Chuang was named a representative director of the company's unit, Bank SinoPac Co. Ltd. The changes are effective April 1.
* India's DCB Bank Ltd. appointed Ashok Barat an additional director, effective March 22.
* Hana Financial Group Inc. retained CEO Kim Jung-tai as chairman for a third term following shareholders' approval, Yonhap News Agency reported.
* Taiwan Cooperative Financial Holding Co. Ltd. said Hsieh Cheng-hsiung was appointed a director of its unit Taiwan Cooperative Bills Finance Corp. Ltd., effective March 23.
* South Indian Bank Ltd. appointed V.J. Kurian additional director, effective March 23.
* Huishang Bank Corp. Ltd. elected Zhou Ya Na an independent nonexecutive director.
* Cao Guoqiang stepped down as chairman of China CITIC Bank Corp. Ltd.'s board of supervisors, effective March 23.
* DGB Financial Group Co. Ltd. CEO Park In-gyu announced his resignation as CEO of Daegu Bank Ltd. and will also consider vacating his post at the parent company, Yonhap News Agency reported.
* CITIC Securities Co. Ltd. appointed Kuang Tao a nonexecutive director to replace Chen Zhong, who resigned.
* Nepal's Sanima Bank Ltd. appointed Uttam Kumar Bhattarai an independent director.
* India-based HDFC Bank Ltd. appointed Rahul Shukla head of corporate and business banking.
* Lu Chang-Song resigned as chief information officer of Shin Kong Life Insurance Co. Ltd., effective March 22.
* KIWOOM Securities Co. Ltd. appointed Lee Hyun its new CEO, Yonhap News Agency reported.
* Japan-based Lifenet Insurance Co. appointed Daisuke Iwase chairman and director; Ryosuke Mori representative director and president; and Masanori Sakasai an executive managing director and executive officer.
* Chen Yuen-Ginn resigned as a director of Tokyo Star Bank Ltd., effective March 23.
* Shinsei Bank Ltd. made several executive assignment changes, including the appointment of Masayuki Nankouin as senior managing executive officer of banking unit APLUS FINANCIAL Co. Ltd. The new appointments take effect April 1.
* PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk appointed Agus Dwi Handaya compliance director, Panji Irawan finance director, Alexandra Askandar institutional relations director, and Donsuwan Simatupang retail banking director, The Jakarta Post reported.
* India's Allahabad Bank named Parthapratim Pal a shareholder director, effective March 22.
* Sidharth Rath and V. Srinivasan resigned as Axis Bank Ltd.'s head of corporate and transaction banking and deputy managing director, respectively, Mint reported.
* Indrani Sugathadasa stepped down as chairperson of the Insurance Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka, Asia Insurance Review reported.
* South Korea's NH Investment & Securities Co. Ltd. named Vice President Jeong Young-chae CEO, Yonhap News Agency reported.