This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. real estate investment trusts and homebuilders.
* Paramount Group Inc. Executive Vice President and Chief Investment Officer Daniel Lauer is resigning from the office REIT, effective June 26, to spend more time with his family and pursue other career opportunities.
David Zobel, senior vice president of acquisitions and strategic relationships at the company, will assume responsibilities as executive vice president and head of acquisitions on the same date.
* Chairman of the board of TitanStar Properties Inc. T. Richard Turner resigned June 8 for personal reasons. Turner had been chairman of the Canadian property company since June 2008 and CEO from 2008 to February 2017.
Beth Moore, Americas Agile Real Estate practice leader at CBRE
* Cedar Realty Trust Inc. elected Sabrina Kanner, executive vice president for design and construction of Brookfield Properties (USA II) LLC, as an independent director in place of Paul Kirk Jr., whose resignation became effective at the annual meeting May 2.
* George McKenzie will not stand for re-election as a trustee of hotel REIT Chesapeake Lodging Trust at its annual shareholder meeting June 14. McKenzie has served on the board of the company since its IPO in 2010.
* Jerry Rubin will step down from the board of Lakeview Hotel Investment Corp. at its annual general meeting June 28. The hotel company nominated Lloyd Baker to replace Rubin as an independent director.
* Red Lion Hotels Corp. promoted Amanda Marcello to senior vice president of brand strategy. Marcello most recently led the development and rebranding of Signature and Signature Inn.
* Broadstone Net Lease Inc. hired Greg Lang, most recently vice president of investments at Colony Starwood Homes prior to its merger with Invitation Homes Inc., and Sean Hostert, most recently director of acquisitions at VEREIT Inc., as vice presidents of acquisitions for the commercial division. Lang and Hostert will be based in Broadstone's Phoenix office.
* CBRE Group Inc. appointed Beth Moore as Americas Agile Real Estate practice leader. Moore, who joined CBRE in 2010, most recently was national occupier business development lead for the Western U.S.