This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. REITs and REOCs, homebuilders and gaming operators.
Neil Soskin, SVP of portfolio management at InvenTrust Properties.
* W. P. Carey Inc. promoted interim CFO ToniAnn Sanzone to CFO.
* Strategic Storage Trust II Inc. named Matt Lopez CFO and treasurer, and Michael McClure president. H. Michael Schwartz, formerly CEO and president, will remain CEO and chairman of the company's board.
* Jane DeFlorio joined DDR Corp.'s board, effective Jan. 31. DeFlorio serves on Perry Ellis International Inc.'s board as a lead independent director and a member of its audit, governance and investment committees.
* Joe McKinney, former chairman and CEO at JPMorgan Chase Bank-San Antonio, joined New York REIT's board as an independent director, effective Jan. 30, succeeding Robert Burns, who has retired.
Bryon Ellington, SVP of learning at Realogy Holdings Corp.
* Global Healthcare REIT Inc. added Needle Rock Capital founder and CEO Adam Desmond to its board of directors, effective Jan. 30.
* AV Homes Inc. appointed Matthew Coleman to its board of directors. Coleman, who was designated by TPG Aviator LP, will also sit on the board's finance and compensation committees.
* Richard Wallman, an Extended Stay America Inc. board member, will step down from the board of the company's ESH Hospitality Inc. subsidiary, effective at its next annual shareholder meeting.
Jeff Peterson, VP of finance and transaction administration at Marcus Hotels & Resorts.
* InvenTrust Properties Corp. named Neil Soskin senior vice president of portfolio management. Soskin previously worked at Weingarten Realty Investors.
* Realogy Holdings Corp., which intends to develop a new, integrated learning institute for its leading real estate franchise brands and NRT, its company-owned brokerage business, named Bryon Ellington senior vice president of learning. Ellington was most recently the company's chief learning officer.
* Marcus Corp. division Marcus Hotels & Resorts promoted Jeff Peterson to vice president of finance and transaction administration, and John Hendricks to division controller.
* Monogram Residential Trust Inc. moved to eliminate the general counsel post and terminated Daniel Rosenberg as its senior vice president, general counsel and secretary without cause. Rosenberg, whose termination is effective Feb. 28, agreed to offer certain consulting services to the company to help with the transition.