S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the European real estate industry. The moves are listed by sector and by announcement date in reverse chronological order. The Asia-Pacific and North America Hires and Fires columns are published Tuesday and Thursday.
* Residential Secure Income PLC announced that nonexecutive Chairman Brenda Dean died March 13, following which the multifamily-focused residential real estate investment trust deputized nonexecutive director Robert Whiteman to the vacated position, with immediate effect.
The company named Robert Gray, another nonexecutive director, to succeed Whiteman as chairman of the audit committee.
* Dean also served in a similar capacity at Empiric Student Property PLC, a role which the student housing provider handed over to nonexecutive director Stuart Beevor in the interim, according to a separate release.
* Persimmon PLC will bring in Roger Devlin as chairman June 1, replacing acting Chairman Nigel Mills, who assumed the role in February after Nicholas Wrigley resigned from the post in December 2017.
Prior to joining, Devlin will relinquish the chairmanship of pub operator and brewer Marston's PLC on May 31.
* RAK Properties PJSC appointed Mohamed Sultan Al Qadi managing director at its second annual general meeting of shareholders, while Mohammed Hassan Omran and Abdulaziz Abdullah Al Za'abi were additionally elected chairman and deputy chairman of its board, respectively.
Shareholders also voted on the election of Nawwaf Ghubash Al Merri and Samih Sawirs as members of the United Arab Emirates-based company's board at the meeting.
* Oman-based National Real Estate Development and Investments Company SAOG designated Nabil Daud vice chairman and Muhannad Hijazi general manager. The company also added Riyad Daud and Sami Daud to the audit committee and nomination and remuneration committee, respectively. Hussain Mohsin and Ali Daud were both appointed to the two committees.
* Hufvudstaden AB will install Henrik Andréasson as its new NK Business Area head as well as member of the executive management team Aug. 6. Andréasson was also named the new CEO of Hufvudstaden unit AB Nordiska Kompaniet, which is a leasing services provider headquartered in Stockholm.
Bo Wikare, who will serve as acting head until Andréasson's appointment, will resume his full-time position as head of business development at the Stockholm-based office and retail property specialist.
* Kungsleden AB will submit the names of Ulf Nilsson and Jonas Bjuggren for election as board members at the April 26 annual general meeting of shareholders. If voted to the board of the real estate operating and management company, the duo will serve until the next annual general meeting.
* Hotelier Orbis SA will vote on the election of Franck Gervais, CEO of HotelServices Europe at Accor SA, to its supervisory board. The nomination tendered by Accor, comes after Jean-Jacques Dessors stepped down from his seat at the supervisory board March 2.
* Ipeleng Nonkululeko Mkhari joined Attacq Ltd. as an independent nonexecutive director March 15. She is the founder and CEO of Motseng Investment Holdings, which is the lead promoter of Delta Property Fund Ltd.