SNL presents a daily roundup of management and board changes in the bank and thrift industry. This feature excludes C-level leadership changes and stories previously covered by SNL.
* Andrew Clark resigned from the boards of Ellicott City, Md.-based Howard Bancorp Inc. and unit Howard Bank, effective May 24, to focus on a new business venture. Clark serves as chairman of Wheatfield Ventures LLC as well as chairman and CEO of CapellaTax Network LLC, according to a regulatory filing.
* Nancy Healey and Sheena McCrate were elected to the board of Newfoundland & Labrador Credit Union Ltd. at its annual general meeting on March 15. Healey is CEO of St. John's Board of Trade and McCrate is CEO of St. John's Sports and Entertainment Ltd.
Michael Boland and Daniel LaVallée retired from the board after 50 and 30 years of service, respectively. The Canada-based credit union also elected Raymond Piercey, who has served on the board for 23 years, as president.
* Richard Strzynski resigned from the boards of Lawrenceburg, Ind.-based United Community Bancorp and subsidiary United Community Bank due to medical reasons, effective immediately. Strzynski is a former self-employed certified public accountant, according to a regulatory filing.
* Michael Buffington joined the boards of Mifflintown, Pa.-based Juniata Valley Financial Corp. and unit Juniata Valley Bank. Buffington is founder and president of Buffington Property Management LLC, MAT Plaza LLC, Monument Square Center LLC and MAB Holdings LLC, as well as One-Stop Communications.
* South Bend, Ind.-based 1st Source Bank, a unit of 1st Source Corp., named Kirk Browning president of the auto/light truck and specialty vehicle fleet finance divisions. Browning, who has 25 years of experience in the auto and equipment rental industry, most recently was a nationwide consultant in the car and equipment rental industry.