S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Ironshore International named William Lewis managing director of Ironshore Australia Pty Ltd.
* Nepal's Siddhartha Bank Ltd. appointed Shambhu Nath Gautam as acting CEO, effective June 6. Gautam replaces Surendra Bhandari.
* LienViet Post Joint Stock Commercial Bank named Nguyen Duc Huong as chairman, replacing Duong Cong Minh. Nguyen Duc Huong was also appointed as an additional director. Meanwhile, Pham Doan Son was named as vice chairman cum CEO of the bank.
* JACCS Co. Ltd. nominated Takashi Saitou as director and Michiko Kuboyama as outside independent director.
* Iyo Bank Ltd. appointed Haruhiro Kono, Kenji Miyoshi and Yuichi Matsuura as directors, subject to shareholder approval.
* Fukuoka Financial Group Inc. appointed Eiji Araki and Koji Yokota as directors and Toshiya Kosugi as independent director. In addition, Fumio Sakurai and Satoru Fukuda stepped down as directors, effective April 3.
* Hyakujushi Bank Ltd. appointed Kiichiro Oyama and Masakazu Toyoshima as directors. The appointments are subject to shareholders' approval.
* Willis Towers Watson Plc appointed Taro Ogai head of investments for Asia-Pacific and Jayne Bok head of investments for Asia, effective July 1.
* Lakshmi Vilas Bank Ltd. named B. K. Manjunath as part-time chairman for a three-year term, effective June 6. It also co-opted Manjunath as a nonexecutive independent director.
* Bank of the Philippine Islands appointed Maria Cristina Go president of BPI Family Savings Bank and Natividad Alejo chairman of BPI Direct BanKo Inc. The appointments are effective June 1, subject to the confirmation from Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.
* Bank of Communications Co. Ltd. said China's Ministry of Finance proposed the appointment of He Zhaobin as a nonexecutive director of the bank. He replaces Liu Changshun, who departed the board due to work arrangements.
* Akita Bank Ltd. nominated Takashi Kato and Masato Tsuchiya as directors and Yoshiyuki Tsuji as outside director.
* China Life Insurance (Group) Co. will appoint Yuan Changqing as vice chairman and president, replacing Miao Jianmin who left in April, a spokeswoman told S&P Global Market Intelligence. Yuan Changqing will fill in all vacancies left by Miao Jianmin, including a nonexecutive director position at publicly listed unit China Life Insurance Co. Ltd. Most recently, Yuan served as chairman of the board of supervisors for Agricultural Bank of China Ltd.
* Hokuetsu Bank Ltd. named Masami Watanabe, Ryuji Takahashi, Makoto Takahashi and Hiroki Hoshi as directors to its board.
* Kumari Bank Ltd. appointed Surendra Bhandari as CEO.
* BlackRock Inc. named Andrew Swan as Hong Kong-based head of global emerging markets and Asian equities and Doug Chow as global head of active equities integration and data. Meanwhile, Gordon Fraser will relocate to Hong Kong to become lead portfolio manager for some of the global core emerging market strategies.
* Japan's Shiga Bank Ltd. nominated Shinya Kubota as director and Hajime Yasui as outside director.
* Pacific Life Re Ltd. obtained regulatory approval to set up a representative office in Shanghai and appointed Vivian Wei as its China representative.
* Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc. named Makoto Takashima, Toshikazu Yaku, Toshiyuki Teramoto and Toru Mikami as directors. Takashima is president of Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. In addition, Masayuki Matsumoto, Shozo Yamazaki, Yoshinobu Tsutsui and Katsuyoshi Shinbo were nominated as outside and independent directors.
* SANASA Development Bank Plc appointed Prabhash Subasinghe, Navindra Liyanaarachchi and S. Lionel Thilakarathne as nonindependent and nonexecutive directors. Meanwhile, B.R.A. Bandara and J.A.L.G Jayasinghe retired as nonindependent and nonexecutive directors.
* ORIX Leasing Pakistan Ltd. appointed Naveed Kamran Baloch as director, effective June 2. Baloch replaces Shoaib Mir.
* Summit Bank Ltd. appointed Faisal Shaikha as executive director to replace Syed Mohammad Anwar Lutfullah. The change is subject to approval from Pakistan's central bank.
* First Bank of Toyama Ltd. appointed Yutaka Tanaka, Mikiya Kuwahara and Hisashi Asase as directors, subject to shareholders' approval. The bank also said Koichi Kido earlier resigned as director.
* Dhipaya Insurance PCL appointed Luechai Chaiparinya as director to its board, effective June 2. Chaiparinya replaces Weidt Nuchjalearn.
* Hua Nan Financial Holdings Co. Ltd. appointed David Cheng as president of unit Hua Nan Commercial Bank Ltd., replacing Yun-Peng Chang who retired. The changes are effective June 1.
* Canara Bank said Harideesh Kumar B stepped down as executive director, effective May 31.
* Bank of Nanjing Co. Ltd. has appointed Shu Xingnong as president, subject to regulatory approval.
* Kenanga Investment Bank Bhd. appointed Jeremy bin Nasrulhaq as independent and nonexecutive director.
* AIA Group Ltd. appointed Ng Keng Hooi as executive director, effective June 1. Ng took over as group CEO and president of AIA Group the same day.
* Citigroup Inc. named Shinjini Kumar consumer business manager within global consumer banking in India, effective June 24. Kumar replaces Kartik Kaushik, who was named global consumer head of credit initiation for the core operations and branch operations based in the U.S.
* Hong Kong Exchanges & Clearing Ltd. appointed Lee Kwok Keung and Tai Chi Kin as co-COOs. Further, Trevor Spanner, COO and group risk officer, was appointed group chief information officer and head of information technology and platform development.
* India Infoline Finance Ltd. appointed Shubhalakshmi Panse as independent director, effective May 31.