S&P Global Market Intelligence presents an overview of board changes at European financial institutions. The changes are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Phoenix Group Holdings appointed Barry O'Dwyer and Campbell Fleming as nonexecutive directors following the completion of its purchase of Standard Life Assurance Ltd. from Standard Life Aberdeen PLC.
* Polish asset manager ALTUS Towarzystwo Funduszy Inwestycyjnych SA said Piotr Osiecki resigned as chairman of its supervisory board after he was detained by local law enforcement authorities over the 2017 sale of the company's unit EGB Investments to debt collector GetBack SA.
* PJSC Post Bank said Konstantin Noskov, serving as Russian minister of digital development, communications and mass media, joined the lender's supervisory board.
* BinckBank NV named J.G. Princen a supervisory board member, effective until the end of the Dutch lender's annual meeting in 2022.
* Beáta Bánkúti resigned as a supervisory board member of Hungary's MFB Magyar Fejlesztési Bank Zrt.
* Nicholas Oldfield consented to act as a director of Homeloan Management Ltd., effective Aug. 20.
* Walter Zandanell, executive director of Volksbank Salzburg eG, is stepping down due to differences he has with the central institution of the Volksbank banking system in Vienna about the future strategy and sovereignty of the lender, Salzburger Nachrichten reported.
* Josef Ackermann is stepping down as chairman of Bank of Cyprus Holdings PLC and Bank of Cyprus PCL during the 2019 annual general meeting after almost four years in the role.
* PJSC First Ukrainian International Bank said the powers of its supervisory board independent members Serhiy Kurilko and Yana Sherbinskaya were terminated Aug. 27 at their requests.
* Raffaele Mincione, who owns about 9.9% of Italian lender Banca Carige SpA, has submitted a list of candidates for a new board for the bank, including his nomination for the chair, Reuters reported. The bank's top shareholder, Malacalza Investimenti, also submitted its list of candidates, which includes veteran bankers Fabio Innocenzi and Pietro Modiano.
* NIBC Holding NV held an extraordinary general meeting to confirm the appointment of Susi Zijderveld and Angelien Kemna as members of the its supervisory board and that of NIBC Bank NV. Their terms will end immediately after the group's 2022 annual general meeting.