S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive changes at pharmaceutical, biotech and life sciences companies.
* Daniel O'Day is leaving Basel, Switzerland-based Roche Holding AG to become the chairman and CEO of Gilead Sciences Inc. beginning March 1, 2019. O'Day will replace John Milligan, who is stepping down as the president and CEO of Foster City, Calif.-based Gilead Sciences at the end of 2018.
* Merck & Co. Inc. said Adam Schechter is stepping down as the company's president of global human health, effective Dec. 31. Schechter will hold an advisory role to the CEO.
* U.K.'s Avacta Group Plc said it appointed Jose Saro chief medical officer.
* The Medicines Co. named Mark Timney CEO and director. Meanwhile, former CEO Clive Meanwell was appointed chief innovation officer of the company.
* Alder Biopharmaceuticals Inc. said it named Carlos Campoy as CFO.
* Ixico plc said Susan Lowther has resigned as CFO and secretary of the company to pursue other business interests.
* CohBar Inc. has appointed Philippe Calais interim CEO, effective Dec. 7.
* Polynovo Ltd. named Jan-Marcel Gielen CFO and company secretary, effective Dec. 12.
* PerkinElmer Inc. appointed Prahlad Singh to the newly created role of president and COO, effective Jan. 1, 2019.
* Trevena Inc. has appointed Robert Yoder to the newly created role of senior vice president and chief business officer.
* Switzerland-based AC Immune SA said its chief scientific officer Andreas Muhs died after a period of illness. Muhs took a medical leave of absence in October. The company's deputy chief scientific officer David Lowe will continue leading the research team on an interim basis.
* Akorn Inc. said Raj Ra is stepping down as the company's CEO after the Supreme Court of Delaware upheld a lower court's decision regarding its terminated $4.3 billion deal with German healthcare company Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA. Ra will remain with Akorn until his successor is named.
* Nutritional High International Inc. named Tom Siciliano as president, effective Dec. 10. In addition, the company appointed Michael DiNapoli CFO, effective Jan. 1, 2019.
* Boston Therapeutics Inc. said Loraine Upham resigned as the company's COO.
* Sproutly Canada Inc. named Bryan Semkuley the company's president.
* Tissue Regenix Group PLC CEO Steve Couldwell is taking a temporary leave from January 2019 to undergo medical treatment for health issues.