S&P Global Market Intelligence presents an overview of board changes at European financial institutions. The changes are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Creation Financial Services Ltd. named Johannes Snyman to its board of directors.
* PayPoint Plc said George Earle stepped down from its board of directors, effective immediately. However, he will stay on until 2018 to assist with the completion of a number of outstanding projects, the firm said.
* Bank Millennium SA said David H. Klingensmith resigned from the supervisory board, with the company adopting a resolution reducing the supervisory board to 11 members.
* John Edwards, Richard Leighton and Lorenzo Ruffatti will join the board of e-MID SIM SpA, an Italian interbank deposits and overnight indexed swaps platform. NEX Group Plc's platform BrokerTec Europe acquisition a majority stake in e-MID, and the three will represent these firms on e-MID's board.
* SVG Capital plc said Simon Bax retired from the company's board.
* EVO Banco SAU named Javier Rodríguez Zapatero an independent director, Europa Press reported. He previously was Google Inc.'s director general for Spain, Portugal and Turkey.
* Alpha Bank AE said its nonexecutive independent director Evangelos Kaloussis will resign, effective no later than June 30.
* HSBC Private Bank (Suisse) SA named Christophe de Backer as a nonexecutive board director, effective immediately, Reuters reported.
* Dexia SA and Dexia Crédit Local SA named Martine De Rouck as director following the resignation of Paul Bodart. De Rouck joined BNP Paribas Fortis SA as head of fraud prevention in 2010. Further, Dexia Crédit Local also named Véronique Tai and Aline Bec as director and executive director, respectively.
* National Bank of Greece SA named Panagiota Iplixian as the new representative of the Hellenic Financial Stability Fund on its board. Iplixian will replace Panagiotis Leftheris who has resigned. The appointment is subject to approval from the Single Supervisory Mechanism of the European Central Bank.
* Tesco Personal Finance Plc confirmed Richard Henderson's appointment as director on its supervisory board.
* Zurich Insurance Group Ltd.'s shareholders elected Catherine Bessant to the board of directors. Bessant is currently chief operations and technology officer at Bank of America Corp. and a member of the bank's executive management team.
* FBD Holdings Plc nonexecutive director Sean Dorgan will not seek re-election at the annual general meeting on May 5. Dorgan served on the company's board for nine years.
* The annual general meeting of Svenska Handelsbanken AB (publ) elected Anders Bouvin and Jan-Erik Höög to the bank’s board. All other members of the board, except Tommy Bylund, were re-elected. Bylund declined re-election.
* Deutsche Bank SAE said that its nonexecutive director Antonio Linares Rodríguez has resigned.
* Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations appointed Marc Goua as its new permanent chairman.
* Banca Popolare di Vicenza SpA said Marco Bolgiani resigned from the bank's supervisory board with immediate effect, owing to his growing commitment in other positions currently held.
* Banca Carige SpA confirmed the appointment of Giuseppe Pericu and Massimo Pezzolo to the bank's board of directors after they were co-opted by the board in October 2016 and February 2017, respectively.
* Privredna banka Zagreb d.d. said that the three-year terms of Giovanni Boccolini and Draginja Ðuric on the bank's supervisory board begins April 1, after their appointment was approved by the Croatian National Bank.
* Skipton Building Society named Denis Hall and Richard Coates as nonexecutive directors, effective immediately.
Leo Magno and Lorenzo Spoerry contributed to this article.
Please forward news of board changes in Europe to firstname.lastname@example.org.