S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive management, board and regulatory changes in the energy industry. The moves are listed by sector in reverse chronological order.
* Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP announced the appointment of Daniel Muñiz Quintanilla and Rajeev Vasudeva to its board, effective Aug. 1. In connection with the appointments, Arthur Jacobson Jr. and Danesh Varma stepped down from the board.
* Old Dominion Electric Cooperative's board on July 30 elected three new members to its board, with terms expiring in 2022. The board appointed Kent Farmer as board chair, John Lee as vice chairman and Jeffery Edwards as secretary/treasurer, according to an Aug. 1 news release.
* AltaGas Ltd. announced Aug. 1 the retirement of Catherine Best from the company's board. Best will be replaced by Cynthia Johnston, who served as executive vice president of gas, renewables and operations services at TransAlta Corp. from 2015 until 2017, on the board's audit committee.
* Marco Ryan on Aug. 1 resigned from Fortum Oyj's board to join BP PLC.
* Henrik Andersen resigned from the board of Vestas Wind Systems A/S as he assumes the roles of group president and CEO of the company. The move, first announced in May, will see him replace Anders Runevad, who will remain chairman of MHI Vestas Offshore Wind A/S until mid-2020. Runevad will also continue to advise Vestas Chairman Bert Nordberg and the new CEO Andersen. Andersen's appointment is effective immediately, according to an Aug. 1 release.
* Jim Rice and Laura Stern will be co-CEOs of Nautilus Solar Energy LLC and Jeffrey Cheng will be president, following the completion of Power Energy Corp.'s acquisition of Nautilus Solar from management and Virgo Investment Group LLC.
* Artesian Resources Corp. named Nicholle Taylor COO, effective Aug. 1. The company also announced the appointment of David Spacht as president of Artesian Wastewater Management Inc. on the same date, according to a July 30 news release. Currently, Taylor oversees the company's investor relations and engineering departments, while Spacht serves as CFO and treasurer of Artesian Resources and its subsidiaries.
* The New York Power Authority said July 30 that it named Adam Barsky executive vice president and CFO, effective Aug. 19.
* FirstEnergy Solutions Corp., or FES, on July 30 announced the appointment of eight directors to its board, which will go into effect after the company and its subsidiaries complete their Chapter 11 restructuring process. FES named John Kiani executive chairman of the new board, whose members will include FES President and CEO John Judge, Targa Resources Corp. CFO Jennifer Kneale and Atlantic Power Corp. Chairman Kevin Howell. The other directors are Stephen Burnazian, John Blickle, Douglas Johnston and John Pitesa.
* Southwest Power Pool President and CEO Nick Brown on July 29 announced plans to retire in April 2020. Brown joined the Little Rock, Ark.-headquartered grid operator in 1985 and has served in his current role since 2003, according to a July 30 news release. The company on July 31 promoted Barbara Sugg to senior vice president of IT and chief security officer, Bruce Rew to senior vice president of operations and Lanny Nickell to senior vice president of engineering, according to an Aug. 1 release. They were previously vice presidents of the company.
* Iain Conn is set to step down as CEO of Centrica PLC and retire from the energy group's board before its 2020 annual general meeting, the company announced July 30 after reporting a weak result for the first half of the year.
* Capital Power Corp. President and CEO Brian Vaasjo plans to retire in 2020, the Alberta-based power producer announced July 29. Vaasjo will continue in his role until his successor assumes the role. He will remain with the company in an advisory role to support the board, his successor and the business and ensure a smooth leadership transition.
Oil and gas utility/midstream
* Royce Mitchell resigned from the board of ProPetro Holding Corp. and his position as a member of the audit committee on July 28, according to an Aug. 1 securities filing.
* The board of natural gas compression services provider Archrock Inc. voted to increase its size from eight to nine members, with the vacancy to be filled by Hilcorp Energy Co. Executive Chairman and Founder Jeffery Hildebrand.
* Northern Oil & Gas Inc. Founder and President Michael Reger will leave the company to pursue opportunities outside the Williston Basin. Reger will remain chairman emeritus, according to an Aug. 1 news release. Under a consulting arrangement, Reger will also be available to assist the company in the transition until March 2020.
* Canada's Whitecap Resources Inc. appointed former Saskatchewan premier Brad Wall to its board, effective July 30. Wall will serve on the health and safety committee and the newly created sustainability and advocacy committee.
* Mid-Con Energy Partners LP's general partner Mid-Con Energy GP LLC named Chad Roller as COO, effective July 24. Roller was the company's vice president of development and senior reservoir engineer, according to a July 29 news release.
* The Interstate Natural Gas Association of America, a pipeline trade group, appointed Michael Isper to the newly created role of director of security, reliability and resilience. Isper will head the cyber and physical security efforts for the Interstate Natural Gas Association of America, according to a July 29 news release.
* Pipeline operator Epic Midstream Holdings LP named Brian Freed president, according to a July 29 news release.
* Ted Timmermans will retire as vice president, controller and chief accounting officer of Williams Cos. Inc., effective Jan. 15, 2020. Timmermans will be replaced by John Porter, whose appointment will take effect Jan. 1, 2020, according to a July 29 SEC filing. Porter has been the company's vice president of enterprise financial planning and analysis and investor relations since 2017.
* TC PipeLines LP's general partner TC PipeLines GP Inc. appointed Burton Cole as controller. Cole is director for U.S. accounting of TransCanada USA Service Inc., according to a July 29 SEC filing. The companies are part of TC Energy Corp.
* The board of PTT Exploration and Production Public Co. Ltd. elected Thai Oil Public Co. Ltd. President and CEO Atikom Terbsiri as a director, effective Sept. 1, according to a July 26 notification to the Stock Exchange of Thailand. Terbsiri replaces Wirat Uanarumit, who resigned from the company's board.
* Peabody Energy Corp. named Marc Hathhorn president of Australian operations, effective Aug. 7, replacing George Schuller Jr., who was appointed the first COO of Compass Minerals International Inc. Hathhorn will also serve on Peabody's executive leadership team. He has been with the company for nearly nine years and is group executive of Americas operations.
* Contura Energy Inc.'s board appointed David Stetson CEO and board member, effective July 29. Stetson was chairman and CEO of both ANR Inc. and Alpha Natural Resources Holdings Inc. until Alpha Natural Resources Inc.'s merger with Contura in November 2018. Post-merger, he served on Contura's board until April. CFO Andy Eidson and Chief Administrative and Legal Officer Mark Manno, who were appointed as interim co-CEOs following Kevin Crutchfield's resignation, will return to their respective roles, according to a same-day news release.