S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive management, board and regulatory changes in the energy industry. The moves are listed by sector in reverse chronological order.
* Duke Energy Corp. appointed Annette Clayton to its board of directors, effective Jan. 7, 2019.
* Alliant Energy Corp. described changes to its executive team after Douglas Kopp announced his intent to retire as president of Interstate Power & Light Co. and senior vice president of the parent company. Kopp's retirement is set for the first half of 2019. John Larsen will assume the role of president and COO of Alliant Energy and CEO of utility subsidiaries IPL and Wisconsin Power and Light Co. Terry Kouba will replace Kopp as president of IPL. David de Leon will replace Larsen as president of Wisconsin Power and Light.
* MHI Vestas Offshore Wind A/S announced the promotion of Hans Henrik Jensen as chief sales officer, effective immediately. He replaces Thomas Karst, who left the company in November.
* Senvion SA appointed Yves Rannou as CEO, effective Jan. 1, 2019. He will succeed interim CEO and CFO Manav Sharma.
* EOG Resources Inc. named Julie Robertson as a board member, effective Jan. 1, 2019. EOG also announced that Frank Wisner plans to retire from the board and will not stand for re-election once his term ends.
* NiSource Inc. announced several changes to its management team, effective Jan. 1, 2019. Pablo Vegas, who served as chief restoration officer, will reassume leadership of the gas segment as executive vice president and president of gas utilities. Former NiSource Chief Transformation Officer Mark Kempic will assume the role of COO of Columbia Gas of Massachusetts Inc. Columbia Gas of Massachusetts President Steve Bryant will focus on external, customer and regulatory responsibilities.
* National Grid PLC appointed Andy Agg as CFO, effective Jan. 1, 2019. Agg also will become an executive director and a member of the finance committee.
* Boralex Inc. Vice President and CFO Jean-François Thibodeau will retire at the end of March 2019, after serving in the role for 15 years. The Canadian renewable power producer named Bruno Guilmette as Thibodeau's successor, effective Jan. 14, 2019.
* Southern Co. elected Janaki Akella and Anthony Earley Jr. as independent directors of its board, effective Jan. 2, 2019.
* Tom Buttgenbach, who co-founded 8minutenergy Renewables LLC with Martin Hermann in 2009, completed a management buyout of Hermann's stake in the independent solar and storage developer for undisclosed terms. With this ownership transaction, Hermann transitioned out of the CEO role and as a shareholder of 8minutenergy, and Buttgenbach became president and CEO.
* Polaris Infrastructure Inc. named Anton Jelic its CFO, replacing Shane Downey.
Oil and gas utility/midstream
* PETRONAS Dagangan Bhd., a subsidiary of Malaysia's national oil company, Petroliam Nasional Bhd., announced that it is promoting the head of its retail business, Aadrin Azly, to COO, effective Jan. 1, 2019. Khalil Muri, who has 22 years of marketing experience at Petronas, will succeed Aadrin as head of Petronas' retail business.
* Alexandra Pruner was named an independent member of the board and audit committee of Houston-based PAA GP Holdings LLC.
* Former Cimarex Energy Co. Senior Vice President and CFO Paul Korus was appointed to serve on Antero Resources Corp.'s board as a class II director, effective Dec. 7.
* Summit Midstream Partners LP announced that Matthew Harrison is set to retire as the executive vice president and CFO of Summit Midstream Partners LLC and general partner Summit Midstream GP, effective Jan. 4, to pursue other interests. The companies will promote Marc Stratton, who has been senior vice president of finance, treasurer and head of investor relations, to executive vice president and CFO, effective immediately. Blake Motley, Summit's director of strategy, was promoted to vice president of strategy and head of investor relations for Summit Midstream Partners and Summit Midstream GP. Director of Finance William Mault was promoted to the companies' vice president of finance and treasurer.
* Westmoreland Coal Co. CFO Gary Kohn resigned for personal reasons, effective Jan. 4, 2019.
* Paringa Resources Ltd. appointed Egan Antill as CEO and managing director, effective Dec. 12.