trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/GcJf1tyOSQPsx6V9OQUkRQ2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Eni awarded 2 exploration blocks off Ivory Coast

Blog

Insight Weekly: Cryptocurrency's growth; green bond market outlook; coal investors' windfall

Blog

Insight Weekly: Challenges for European banks; Japan's IPO slowdown; carmakers' supply woes

Blog

Q4’21 US Power Forecast: Will high commodity prices accelerate the energy transition?

Blog

Infographic: Q4’21 US Battery Storage by the Numbers


Eni awarded 2 exploration blocks off Ivory Coast

Eni SpA disclosed June 4 it was awarded two exploration blocks in the eastern part of the sedimentary basin offshore Ivory Coast.

The two blocks, CI-501 and CI-504, are located approximately 30 kilometers offshore and cover around 911 square kilometers.

Block CI-501 is 80 kilometers southwest of Abidjan in water depth of between 100 and 2,400 meters, and block CI-504 is 60 kilometers southwest of Abidjan in water depth of between 1,000 and 2,350 meters.

Eni holds a 90% stake in the blocks, and Société Nationale d'Opérations Pétrolières de la Côte d'Ivoire unit Petroci owns the remaining 10%.