This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. real estate investment trusts and real estate operating companies, homebuilders, and gaming operators.
* Lightstone Value Plus Real Estate Investment Trust V Inc.'s board elected Mitchell Hochberg as CEO of the company and David Lichtenstein as chairman of the board, while President Thomas Kennedy tendered his resignation, effective Oct. 12.
* President and COO of Cominar Real Estate Investment Trust Sylvain Cossette will replace Michael Dallaire as CEO and Alain Dallaire as a member of the board of trustees, effective Jan. 1, 2018. Michel Dallaire will continue his duties as chairman of the board of trustees, while Alain Dallaire will continue serving as executive vice president for operations and asset management.
* Welltower Inc. tapped John Goodey as its new executive vice president and CFO in place of Scott Estes, who resigned.
* Butch Knerr, executive vice president and COO of Washington Prime Group Inc. resigned, while the company promoted several employees to executive-level positions.
* Founder of Eldorado Resorts Inc. Donald Carano died Oct. 3 at 85 years of age.
* Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc board member Jon Huntsman Jr. resigned from the board Sept. 28 in connection with his appointment as U.S. ambassador to Russia.
* W. P. Carey Inc. elected Margaret Lewis, chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, to its board.
* DCT Industrial Trust Inc. expanded its board size to nine members with the addition of Marcus Smith, effective Oct. 30.
* PulteGroup Inc.'s James Ellinghausen will retire as executive vice president of human resources March 31, 2018.
* Equinix Inc. tapped Brian Lillie, its chief customer officer, to serve in the newly created post of chief product officer.