S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Australia & New Zealand Banking Group Ltd. appointed Peter Chan its CEO for Hong Kong. Subject to regulatory approval, he will assume his new role in January 2020.
* Bank of Ayudhya PCL named Pairote Cheunkrut chief strategy officer, effective Jan. 1, 2020, The Nation reported.
* Wang Jian will retire as an executive director, vice chairman of the board and deputy managing director of BOC Aviation Ltd., effective Dec. 31. Zhang Xiaolu will replace Wang in the roles, with effect from Jan. 1, 2020. Furthermore, Phang Thim Fatt will step down as deputy managing director and CFO on Sept. 30, 2020.
* AMP Ltd. appointed Rahoul Chowdry a nonexecutive director, effective Jan. 1, 2020. In addition, Peter Varghese will retire from the company's board with effect from May 8, 2020.
* Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. appointed V. Viswanathan an additional director, with effect from Dec. 9.
* Malayan Banking Bhd.'s Maybank Kim Eng Holdings Ltd. subsidiary trimmed 5% of its workforce as part of a restructuring of its retail brokerage operations, The (Singapore) Business Times reported, citing an internal memo.
* Bank of Chongqing Co. Ltd. named Ran Hailing president. In addition, the bank's board elected Lin Jun and Wong Hon Hing its chairman and vice chairman, respectively, while Yang Xiaotao was elected chairman of the lender's board of supervisors.
* ANZ Bank New Zealand Ltd. appointed Keith Algie acting chief risk officer, with effect from Dec. 17.
* Bank of Khyber appointed Ihsan Ullah Ihsan acting managing director.
* Pulsar International Ltd.'s board will meet Dec. 17 to decide on the resignation of CEO and CFO Narendra Shah and the appointment of Jamsheed Panday, Rupal Patel and Mahesh Shah as additional directors.
* Ophelia Llanos Camiña will retire as senior vice president on BDO Unibank Inc.'s board, effective Jan. 1, 2020.
* Xplore Wealth Ltd. named Julie Berry a nonexecutive director, replacing Peter Brook, who formally ceased to be a member of the company's board.
* Kuah Hun Liang retired as an independent nonexecutive director on Alliance Bank Malaysia Bhd.'s board.
* Jairam Sridharan resigned as Axis Bank Ltd.'s group executive and CFO to pursue other career opportunities.
* Hang Seng Bank Ltd. appointed Yeo Chee Leong chief risk officer, effective Jan. 1, 2020.
* Hongkong & Shanghai Banking Corp. Ltd. named Laura Cha a nonexecutive chairman.
* Agha Sher Shah resigned as a director on the board of Habib Bank Ltd., with effect from Dec. 4.
* Alaa Al-Sarawi stepped down from Meezan Bank Ltd.'s board as director, effective Nov. 20.
* BTIG Australia Ltd. named Andrew Dalgleish CEO.
* NSX Ltd. appointed Chairman Michael Cox interim CEO, replacing Matthew Loughnan, who will step down from the role Dec. 6.
* IndusInd Bank Ltd. hired Sanjeev Asthana to be an additional nonexecutive independent director, with effect from Dec. 4.