S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Pakistan-based Jahangir Siddiqui & Co. Ltd. said Hasan Shahid stepped down as CFO, with Najmul Hoda Khan appointed as replacement.
* Standard Chartered PLC named Lai Pei-Si its new country head of retail banking for Malaysia.
* India's RBL Bank Ltd. named Pankaj Sharma its COO.
* Sheng Yuan Holdings Ltd. said Chen Zhong Min stepped down as a nonexecutive director on its board, effective Jan. 1.
* The Indian government named Hemant Bhargava acting chairman of Life Insurance Corp. of India.
Dec. 31, 2018
* South Korea's NongHyup Life Insurance Co. Ltd. said Hong Jae-eun has officially commenced his term as the company's CEO.
* Teh Hong Piow retired as chairman of Public Bank Bhd. Lai Wan will serve as the bank's new chairman, effective Jan. 1.
* Repco Home Finance Ltd. said R. Varadarajan has retired from his roles as a board director and managing director.
* Teresa Clarke will step down as an executive of Australia's Change Financial Ltd., but will continue to serve as a nonexecutive chairman on the company's board.
* Tin Ka Pak resigned as CEO and chairman of Value Convergence Holdings Ltd.'s executive committee, effective Jan. 1.
* Lon Dounn has resigned as independent nonexecutive director of Dah Sing Financial Holdings Ltd. Dounn also stepped down from the board of Dah Sing Bank Ltd.
* Bank of Maharashtra said Rajendra Kumar Gupta has left the bank as a director.
* India's Geetanjali Credit and Capital Ltd. appointed Vitthal Kumar Jajoo an additional director.
* AMMB Holdings Bhd. appointed Voon Seng Chuan chairman of its unit, AmBank (M) Bhd.
* Alliance Bank Malaysia Bhd. said Kung Beng Hong retired as a nonindependent and nonexecutive director, with effect from Jan. 1.
Dec. 28. 2018
* Geetanjali Credit and Capital Ltd. appointed Sumudrasingh Rathod an additional director to its board.
* Woori Bank's shareholders approved the appointment of Jae-Kyung Lee as a nonstanding director and Chan-Hyoung Chung, Soo-Man Park and Joon-Ho Kim as outside directors.
* South Korea's DGB Financial Group Co. Ltd. named Kang Myun-wook CEO of its unit, DGB Asset Management Co. Ltd.
Dec. 27, 2018
* Hsin-Tien Ting retired as executive vice president and chief compliance officer of Hua Nan Financial Holdings Co. Ltd. The company said Ting would be replaced by Tien-Yu Chen.
* Nomura Holdings Inc. is planning to reduce staff at its European operations as it redirects its focus to more profitable hubs in Asia and the U.S.
* Citibank (Hong Kong) Ltd. appointed Josephine Lee head of retail banking and William Ross head of customer franchise.
* Chinese broker Haitong Securities Co. Ltd. said Hiroki Miyazato resigned as deputy general manager.
* The Thai government named Ruenvadee Suwanmongkol secretary-general of Thailand's Securities and Exchange Commission, effective May 1, 2019.
* Zurich Takaful Malaysia Berhad CEO Salim Majid Zain is leaving to join another company in the same industry, with effect from Jan. 13.
* Joo Jaeseong resigned as an outside director of Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. for personal reasons, effective Dec. 26.