S&P Global Market Intelligence presents an overview of board changes at European financial institutions. The changes are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* U.K.-based Arden Partners Plc said the FCA approved the appointment of Alistair Currie to the company's board as an independent nonexecutive director, effective Jan. 11. The appointment was announced in November 2018.
* London-listed Bank of Georgia Group PLC named Archil Gachechiladze CEO and a member of its board of directors, effective Jan. 28. Gachechiladze, who joins the lender from Georgia Global Utilities, will replace Kaha Kiknavelidze, who will step down from the CEO role.
* Swiss lender St. Galler Kantonalbank's board of directors nominated Andrea Cornelius as a member of the board. With Cornelius appointment at the bank's annual general meeting April 24, the board will comprise nine members.
* U.K.-based Curtis Banks Group PLC said CFO Paul Tarran intends to resign from his role and step down from the board by the end of 2019. Tarran, who was named CFO in 2012, will continue in his role until a suitable successor is recruited.
* Sweden-based Swedbank AB (publ) said Annika Poutiainen stepped down as a member of its board of directors, effective Jan. 9.
* Nikolay Mechsheryakov was appointed chairman of the board of directors at Tsesnabank JSC, replacing Kairat Satylganov. The Kazakh lender also said in its Jan. 9 filing that Erzhan Tadzhiyakov, a member of the lender's board of directors, was dismissed from the post.
* Getin Noble Bank SA said Remigiusz Baliński resigned as a member of the lender's supervisory board, effective Jan. 9.
* Monzo Bank Ltd. said it will appoint former Northern Rock Ltd CEO Gary Hoffman to its board as the nonexecutive chairman. He will replace Denise Kingsmill, who has chaired Monzo's board of directors since 2015.
* U.K. asset manager Kingswood Holdings Ltd said Patrick Goulding joined its board as a group finance director. Kingswood Holdings trades under the name KW Wealth.
* Pan-European cash equities exchange Aquis Exchange PLC named Glenn Collinson to its board as an independent nonexecutive director, subject to the FCA's approval.
* U.K.-based Leeds Building Society said Les Platts will retire from its board as a nonexecutive director, with effect from Dec. 31, 2018.
* British investment firm APQ Global Ltd. said that Wesley Davis joined the company's board as a finance director, replacing Richard Bray, who will step down.