The week in over-the-top provides a recap of recent news related to streaming initiatives in the U.S. from various networks and platforms.
* CBS Corp. launched CBS Sports HQ, a 24-hour streaming sports news network offering news, highlights and analysis. A collaboration between CBS Sports and CBS Interactive, the new digital network will utilize the combined resources of CBS Sports Network (US), CBSSports.com, 247Sports, SportsLine, CBS Sports Fantasy and MaxPreps to deliver a sports network with live news and reporting, game previews, post-game analysis, must-see highlights, projections and in-depth statistical breakdowns, the company said Feb. 26.
* Charter Communications Inc. is offering a new in-home skinny bundle called Spectrum TV Choice, Multichannel News reported Feb. 22, citing a website dedicated to the service. The offering includes local broadcast networks and 25 Music Choice channels, and allows users to choose 10 more channels to make up their package, according to the report.
* Amazon.com Inc.'s Prime Video is venturing into Latin American original content production through a multiseries agreement with Mexican broadcaster Grupo Televisa SAB and its new premium content unit Televisa Alternative Originals, Variety reported Feb. 22. Under the deal, the U.S. streaming giant will license several eight- to 10-episode Spanish-language series from the unit. Grupo Televisa and Univision Communications Inc.'s Univision (US) will get second-window rights on broadcast and pay TV in Mexico and the U.S., respectively.
* CenturyLink Inc. is winding up its over-the-top TV service CenturyLink Stream, less than a year after it was introduced as a beta offering, according to a notice on the CenturyLink Stream website. The company is no longer accepting new subscribers.
In other platform news
* Netflix Inc. will premiere its first Arabic original series in 2019. "Jinn" is a six-episode contemporary supernatural teenage drama focused on young Arab characters, the company said Feb. 26.
* Cinedigm Corp is bringing its CONtv channel to Amazon.com's Twitch social video service. CONtv is a 24/7 linear digital network that offers an original slate of programming, as well as a digital catalog of more than 2,800 film and television titles, according to a Feb. 22 news release.
* The Movie Studio Inc., which develops, produces and distributes independent motion picture content, is in the final stages of launching The Movie Studio Network and a movie streaming platform. The Movie Studio's platform offers live broadcast and pay-per-view channels of "major" networks and an "uncensored" live feed for red carpet and celebrity interviews and Movie Studio events, according to a Feb. 21 news release.
* Netflix teamed up with YG Entertainment to develop new original series with the working title of "YG Future Strategy Office." The eight-episode series, which will feature YG artists Seungri of K-pop group BIGBANG and other personalities, will launch this year exclusively through Netflix, the company said Feb. 21.