trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/f3A9mkFtujZb2aFEQ9e6ig2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

In This List

UPDATE: FTSE trading begins after worst outage in more than 8 years

Part Two IFRS 9 Blog Series: The Need to Upgrade Analytical Tools

Digital Banking Battles Will Play Out In Southeast Asias Shopping Cart

Street Talk Episode 56 - Latest bank MOE shows even the strong need scale to thrive

South State CenterState MOE Shows Even The Strong Need Scale To Thrive

UPDATE: FTSE trading begins after worst outage in more than 8 years

Trading on the FTSE commenced 100 minutes late Aug. 16 after suffering the worst outage in more than eight years due to a "trading services issue."

This marked the second trading delay in 14 months, at a time when other European markets were trading higher in early morning trading on Aug. 16.

The London Stock Exchange said earlier in the day it was "investigating a potential trading services issue," causing a delayed open for the FTSE 100 and 250 indexes.

The FTSE 100, which tumbled 1.1% yesterday, was up 0.8% around 9:43 a.m. in London. The Euronext 100 index, Germany's DAX and French stocks were all up around 1% each.

The last time the FTSE faced a major trading delay was in June 2018, when it opened at 9 a.m. London time due to a software glitch, Bloomberg News reported. In February 2011, LSE trading was suspended for a little more than four hours, The Daily Telegraph reported.