trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/f0czq3gsrecpzrmo8sfpig2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Regency Mines enters JV for metallurgical coal project acquisitions in US

Blog

Metals & Mining Insights May 2021

Blog

European Energy Insights - May 2021

Blog

Corporate Credit Risk Trends in Developing Markets An Expected Credit Loss ECL Perspective

Blog

Highlighting the Top Regional Aftermarket Research Brokers by Sector Coverage


Regency Mines enters JV for metallurgical coal project acquisitions in US

Regency Mines Plc entered a joint venture cooperation agreement with Legacy Hill Resources Ltd. to acquire and operate metallurgical coal projects in the U.S.

The company will own a 70% stake in the venture, with Legacy Hill to manage the day-to-day operations while holding the remaining 30%, according to the Feb. 27 release.

Regency will contribute up to A$2 million in cash to the joint venture and Legacy Hill will contribute A$1 million in cash, with equity contributions capped at A$3 million in cash.

Meanwhile, Regency and Legacy Hill, under a December 2017 memorandum of understanding, have completed due diligence on the acquisition of an 80% stake in the Rosa metallurgical coal mine and treatment plant in Alabama.