S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a daily summary of ratings actions on European, Middle Eastern and African financial institutions and economies.
* S&P Global Ratings took various ratings actions on Irish lenders AIB Group PLC, Bank of Ireland Group PLC, Permanent TSB Group Holdings PLC, KBC Bank Ireland PLC and Ulster Bank Ireland DAC and revised its Irish banking industry risk score to 4 from 5, citing the Irish banking sector's improved funding profile, better access to wholesale funding and its proactive approach toward reducing nonperforming exposures.
* Moody's assigned Slovenská sporiteľňa a.s. long-term local- and foreign-currency issuer of A2, with a stable outlook. The Slovakia-based lender's long- and short-term local- and foreign-currency bank deposit ratings were affirmed at A2/Prime-1, with a stable outlook on the long-term rating.
* Fitch Ratings said the outlook for Armenia's banking system for 2019 is stable, reflecting broadly supportive environment trends for lenders' growth, performance and asset quality.
* Moody's changed the outlook on Bahrain to stable from negative, citing reduced government and external liquidity risks, and affirmed the country's issuer ratings at B2.
* Moody's revised the outlook on the long-term deposit and national scale ratings of Lebanon-based Bank Audi SAL, BLOM BANK SAL and Byblos Bank SAL to negative from stable. The agency affirmed the banks' B3/Not Prime deposit ratings, "b3" baseline and adjusted baseline credit assessments, B2/NP counterparty risk ratings and B2(cr)/NP(cr) counterparty risk assessments, among others.
* Fitch assigned long- and short-term issuer default ratings of B-/B to Trade Bank of Iraq, with the long-term rating carrying a stable outlook. The bank was also assigned a viability rating of "b-," a support rating of 5 and a support rating floor of B-.
* Capital Intelligence Ratings affirmed the B+/B long- and short-term foreign-currency ratings of Export Development Bank of Egypt (SAE), with a stable outlook.
Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.
This S&P Global Market Intelligence news article may contain information about credit ratings issued by S&P Global Ratings. Descriptions in this news article were not prepared by S&P Global Ratings.