S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the Europe, Middle East and Africa real estate industry. The moves are listed by sector and by announcement date in reverse chronological order. The Asia-Pacific and North America Hires and Fires columns are published Tuesday and Thursday.
* Real estate services provider Purplebricks Group PLC designated Vic Darvey its first group COO, effective in January 2019.
* Directors Richard Prosser, William Jones, Karen Benest, Melanie McEnery and Brendan Dowling relinquished their posts at BL Development Ltd. on Nov. 29. Concurrently, the developer added Fawad Khan, Mustafa Kheriba and Natasha Hannoun to its board as new directors.
* MAS Real Estate Inc. added Melt Hamman, CEO of fellow real estate operator and manager Attacq Ltd., to its board as a nonexecutive director Dec. 14. Effective on the same day, MAS Real Estate also disclosed the resignation of nonexecutive director Gideon Oosthuizen.
* David Tahan, chairman of Cyprus-based and London-listed AFI Development PLC since Sept. 1, will step down from the post and as a nonexecutive director Jan. 1, 2019. Elias Ebrahimpour will succeed Tahan in his roles.
* The board of Etalon Group PLC, also headquartered in Cyprus, accepted Dmitry Kashinsky's resignation as CEO and director and designated Gennadiy Shcherbina as the new CEO. Shcherbina has been a member of the group's management board since April, when Kashinsky, formerly COO of the company, was named CEO.
* Fabege AB President and CEO Christian Hermelin will exit the company in 2019 after about 25 years of service. CEO since March 2007, Hermelin will remain in the executive role until his yet-to-be-appointed successor is ready to take over the post.
* Karen Coppini stepped down as company secretary of real estate operator and manager Hili Properties PLC Dec. 12.
* Peter Diacono will vacate his post as CEO of Pendergardens Developments PLC Dec. 31 and remain a consultant to the company's board. COO Emmanuel Briffa will take over as CEO.
* Globalworth Poland Real Estate NV CEO and executive director Malgorzata Turek is leaving the company to explore other opportunities. Dimitris Raptis, a nonexecutive director at the company, will become interim CEO, while Artur Apostol, head of investments, has been promoted to the role of COO. Lukasz Duczkowski was named as Apostol's successor.