This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. real estate investment trusts and real estate operating companies, homebuilders and gaming operators.
* American Tower Corp. shuffled the management team for its Europe, Middle East and Africa division. Division CEO Stephen Harris will serve as chairman of American Tower Europe. He will be replaced as CEO by Leah Stearns, senior vice president, treasurer and investor relations, on a rotational assignment. Tom Bartlett, executive vice president and CFO of American Tower, will assume the role of treasurer during Stearns' assignment, and Director of Investor Relations Igor Khislavsky will lead the investor relations team. All the appointments will be effective July 1.
* Taubman Centers Inc. shareholders elected President and CEO Robert Taubman, Cia Buckley Marakovits and Myron Ullman III, the three company-recommended nominees, to its board, after a heated proxy battle with Land & Buildings Investment Management LLC.
* Sabra Health Care REIT Inc.'s board will add Care Capital Properties Inc.'s Ronald Geary and Jeff Malehorn as members, following the merger of the two companies, increasing the board's size to eight members.
* Host Hotels & Resorts Inc. added Mary Hogan Preusse to its board, expanding the board to 10 members.
* GGP Inc. appointed Daniel Hurwitz as initial lead director, after the board approved an amendment to the company's bylaws to create the position.
* Crombie Real Estate Investment Trust appointed Debra Hess to its board of trustees, effective immediately, succeeding John Latimer, who retired.
* Hersha Hospitality Trust shareholders elected president and CEO of Spirit Realty Capital Inc. Jackson Hsieh to its board as a class II trustee.
* W. P. Carey Inc.'s Mark Goldberg resigned from his positions as chairman of the board of managers of Carey Financial LLC, and managing director and president of investment management, effective July 10.
* CBRE Group Inc. promoted Jack Fraker to managing director, global industrial & logistics.