S&P Global Market Intelligence rounds up a selection of recent legal and regulatory developments in the bank space.
* More Home Capital shareholders opt out of global settlement
More shareholders have opted out of a global settlement with Home Capital Group Inc., in connection with their class-action securities lawsuit.
* Ex-COO sues Afena CU over alleged age, sex discrimination
Marion, Ind.-based Afena FCU is being sued by its former COO and vice president of operations over alleged sex and age discrimination.
* Meridian Bank settles ex-employees' suit
Malvern, Pa.-based Meridian Bank has settled two former employees' lawsuit alleging breach of contract.
* California-based Provident Savings Bank settling 2 lawsuits brought by employees
Riverside, Calif.-based Provident Savings Bank F.S.B. on Dec. 18 entered into a memorandum of understanding with regard to claims it had misclassified certain employees and accordingly failed to pay correct compensation. The bank is a unit of Provident Financial Holdings Inc.
* Bay Bancorp, Old Line face deal-related suit
A Bay Bancorp Inc. shareholder Dec. 14 filed a proposed class-action lawsuit against the Columbia, Md.-based company, its board and would-be acquirer Bowie, Md.-based Old Line Bancshares Inc.
* Former ZIA CU exec awarded $1.5M over land deal lawsuit
A former senior vice president of Los Alamos, N.M.-based ZIA CU was awarded $1.5 million in damages over a 2015 lawsuit involving a land deal, the Albuquerque (N.M.) Journal reported Dec. 18.