S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a daily summary of ratings actions on European, Middle Eastern and African financial institutions and economies.
* Fitch Ratings upgraded CaixaBank SA's long-term issuer default and senior unsecured debt ratings to BBB+ from BBB and its viability rating to bbb+ from "bbb," with a stable outlook on the long-term issuer default rating. The agency also assigned the Spanish lender a derivative counterparty rating of BBB+(dcr) and affirmed its F2 short-term issuer default and senior unsecured debt ratings, 5 support rating and No Floor support rating floor.
* Moody's affirmed Bankinter SA's Baa1 long-term bank deposit and Baa2 senior unsecured debt ratings and revised the outlook on the ratings to positive from stable. The agency also assigned the Spanish lender long- and short-term foreign-currency counterparty risk ratings of A3/Prime-2. Its Prime-2 short-term bank deposit rating, "baa3" baseline and adjusted baseline credit assessments, A3(cr)/Prime-2(cr) long- and short-term counterparty risk assessments and A3/Prime-2 long- and short-term local-currency counterparty risk ratings were affirmed.
* Fitch upgraded the long-term issuer default ratings of Alpha Bank AE and National Bank of Greece SA to CCC+ from RD and those of Eurobank Ergasias SA and Piraeus Bank SA to CCC from RD. The agency also upgraded the Greek banks' short-term issuer default ratings to C from RD.
* Moody's extended the review for downgrade on U.K.-based VTB Capital PLC's Ba3 long-term local- and foreign-currency bank deposit ratings and Ba1(cr) long-term counterparty risk assessment. The agency also placed the bank's "b2" baseline and "b1" adjusted baseline credit assessments on review for downgrade, and affirmed its Not Prime short-term local- and foreign-currency bank deposit ratings and Not Prime(cr) short-term counterparty risk assessment.
* Fitch affirmed the long-term issuer default ratings and support ratings of eight ProCredit Holding AG & Co. KGaA units and removed the ratings from Rating Watch Negative.
* DBRS confirmed the BBB (low)/R-2 (middle) long- and short-term issuer ratings of Kommunalkredit Austria AG and revised the trend on the ratings to stable from negative.
* S&P Global Ratings affirmed German state development bank Wirtschafts- und Infrastrukturbank Hessen's AA+/A-1+ long- and short-term local- and foreign-currency issuer credit ratings, with a stable outlook.
* Moody's maintained the outlook on Oman's banking system at negative.
* Fitch affirmed the long- and short-term issuer default ratings of Kuwait-based lenders Warba Bank KSCP, Ahli United Bank KSCP, Boubyan Bank KSCP, Commercial Bank of Kuwait KPSC, Gulf Bank KSCP, Al Ahli Bank of Kuwait KSCP, Kuwait International Bank KSCP, Industrial Bank of Kuwait KSC, Kuwait Finance House KSCP and Burgan Bank KPSC at A+/F1, and those of National Bank of Kuwait SAKP at AA-/F1+, among other ratings.
This S&P Global Market Intelligence news article may contain information about credit ratings issued by S&P Global Ratings, a separately managed division of S&P Global. Descriptions in this news article were not prepared by S&P Global Ratings.
Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.