trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/DJelZkMb6fYF-tn-fsNxdw2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Ingenico, Sparkassen-Finanzgruppe unit launch JV

Blog

Banking Essentials Newsletter: July Edition - Part 2

Blog

Anticipate the Unknown Go Beyond Fundamentals to Uncover Early Signs of Private Company Credit Deterioration

Blog

Taking Loss Given Default Estimation to the Next Level: An Aspiration for All Creditors, Not Just Banks

Blog

Anticipate the Unknown A Fundamentals Approach to Detect Early Signs of Private Company Credit Deterioration


Ingenico, Sparkassen-Finanzgruppe unit launch JV

France's Ingenico Group SA and Germany's Deutscher Sparkassen Verlag GmbH announced the creation of their joint venture.

The entity, Ingenico Payone Holding GmbH, was established from the combination of Ingenico's retail assets in Germany, Austria and Switzerland and BS Payone, a unit of Deutscher Sparkassen Verlag parent Sparkassen-Finanzgruppe. The transaction was approved by German competition regulator Bundeskartellamt and the Financial Supervisory Authority, according to a Jan. 8 statement.

Ingenico Group will own 52% of Ingenico Payone Holding, while Deutscher Sparkassen Verlag will own the remaining 48%. The joint venture will be fully consolidated within the French group as early as Jan. 1, and a new division, called Payone, will be created within the actual retail business unit.

Deutscher Sparkassen- und Giroverband eV is the ultimate parent of Sparkassen-Finanzgruppe.