* Former Goldman Sachs investment banker Bryan Cohen pleaded guilty to conspiracy in a multimillion-dollar insider trading scheme, Bloomberg News reports. Cohen reportedly admitted that he leaked the bank's confidential information to a trader in Switzerland. Cohen was arrested in October 2019.
* Global banks are increasingly considering environmental, social and governance factors in their underwriting processes, according to a Fitch Ratings report. Companies affected by emissions regulations and the rising cost of carbon may find it harder to secure bank financing in the longer term, the rating agency said in the report.
* Starting with the fourth quarter of 2019, Goldman Sachs Group reorganized its business segments to investment banking, global markets, asset management, and consumer and wealth management. The investment bank's former segments were investment banking, institutional client services, investment and lending, and investment management.
* Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce increased its sales force of mobile mortgage advisers to 920 from 840 after experiencing a decline in mortgage balances in 2019, CEO Victor Dodig said at the RBC Capital Markets banking conference, according to a transcript. In addition, the company has committed to a "more diversified origination model" instead of focusing on the Greater Vancouver and Greater Toronto areas, which once were a key source of the bank's growth, he added.
* Citadel's multistrategy Wellington fund gained 19.4% in 2019, beating rival Point72 Asset Management, which was up about 16%, sources told Bloomberg News.
* A settlement between the North Carolina Rate Bureau and the North Carolina Department of Insurance resulted in a statewide average rate increase of 0% for fire coverage and 5.3% for extended (wind) coverage.
* Health insurer Aetna established a special purpose vehicle for a $200 million insurance-linked securities transaction, Artemis reported.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.