S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive changes at pharmaceutical, biotech, and life sciences companies.
* Ian Read is stepping down as the CEO of Pfizer Inc. after eight years at the helm of the drugmaker. The company's board elected its COO, Albert Bourla, as CEO, effective Jan. 1, 2019.
* Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc. named Eliseo Salinas senior vice president, chief scientific officer and head of external innovation. The company also appointed Robert Kaper senior vice president and global head of medical affairs.
* Harald Rau will retire as the chief scientific officer of Ascendis Pharma A/S, effective Dec. 31. Rau has been serving as senior vice president and chief scientific officer of the company since December 2007.
* As a part of its restructuring, Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. said CFO and Treasurer Scott Storer will leave the company. Storer will be replaced by Michelle Robertson. The company's COO and Chief Scientific Officer Ganesh Kaundinya is also departing. Senior Vice President of research Anthony Manning will take charge as chief scientific officer.
* Ergomed PLC said its chief business officer Andrew Mackie has resigned and will also step down from the company's board. Mackie has been the chief business officer and executive director of Ergomed since July 1, 2015.
* Synlogic Inc. has appointed Aoife Brennan president and CEO, effective Oct. 2. Brennan has been Synlogic's interim president and CEO since May 2018.
* Titan Pharmaceuticals Inc. appointed Dane Hallberg executive vice president and chief commercial officer.
* Trevena Inc. said Maxine Gowen retired as CEO. Carrie Bourdow, who previously served as Trevena's executive vice president and COO, will succeed Gowen as president and CEO.
* Genocea Biosciences Inc. appointed Thomas Davis its chief medical officer.
* Relypsa Inc. appointed Patrick Treanor as president on an interim basis. Treanor, who replaces Scott Garland, joined the company in May 2015 and was appointed senior vice president and chief commercial officer in April 2017. He will continue to serve as the chief commercial officer.
* DURECT Corp. promoted Michael Arenberg to the position of CFO, effective Oct. 15. Arenberg, who replaces Matthew Hogan, previously served as senior vice president of corporate and business development.
* Probi AB (publ) appointed Tom Rönnlund CEO to replace interim CEO Ole Søgaard Andersen. Rönnlund will join Probi at the latest by Jan. 1, 2019, but until then he will remain CEO of Navamedic ASA, which has started the search for a new CEO after his resignation.
* Lyne Fortin will retire as senior vice president and chief commercial officer of Theratechnologies Inc.
* Zai Lab Ltd. appointed Tao Fu president and COO, effective Sept. 24. Fu will remain a member of Zai Lab's board, a role he has held since September 2017.
* NovaBay Pharmaceuticals Inc. named Jack McGovern interim CEO. McGovern has been NovaBay's CFO since he joined the company in July 2017. Meanwhile, former CEO Mark Sieczkarek will remain as the company's chairman.
* CASI Pharmaceuticals Inc. named George Chi CFO, effective immediately.