This edition covers news about requests for proposals for the purchase or sale of power through Oct. 15. If you would like to have an RFP listed in this feature, please contact SNL Energy with your information by sending an email to email@example.com.
New requests for proposals
* NiSource Inc. subsidiary Northern Indiana Public Service Co. said it is requesting proposals for 300 MW of wind and wind paired with storage, 2,300 MW of solar and solar paired with storage, and "economic opportunities" for thermal generation and other capacity resources. The utility said it will "consider all sources" in the requests, which are scheduled to close Nov. 20.
* The Crown Estate, which manages the seabed rights in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, has formally opened its fourth offshore wind leasing round, following more than 18 months of preparation. The deadline for pre-qualification questionnaire submissions is Nov. 29.
* NextEra Energy Inc., Duke Energy Corp. and Emera Inc. are participating in Florida municipal utility JEA's request for proposals for new ownership structures, including privatization, the utilities confirmed.
* Platte River Power Authority is seeking proposals for up to 150 MW of solar power to diversify its energy mix. Interested bidders are asked to submit their proposals by Oct. 25.
* El Paso Electric Co. issued a request for proposals seeking advanced metering infrastructure and meter data management system solutions to improve grid reliability and customer service. The notification of intent to bid is due Nov. 1.
* The French environment ministry has awarded contracts to roughly 300 renewable projects with a combined capacity of more than 700 MW.
* SaskPower intends to launch a request for 300 MW of wind generation capacity within the next two to three weeks, the minister responsible for the government-owned electricity utility said Oct. 10.