S&P Global Market Intelligence presents an overview of board changes at European financial institutions. The changes are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Russia-based International Investment Bank named Georgiy Potapov deputy chairman of the board. In this role, Potapov will coordinate strategic planning and implementation of the bank's goals.
* The new CFO of Earthport PLC, Alexander Filshie, will also serve as an executive director on the company's board once regulatory approval is obtained. Meanwhile, Phil Hickman resumed serving as nonexecutive chairman with effect from July 1, having previously been interim CEO. As previously indicated, Hank Uberoi stepped down as executive chairman but continues to serve as a nonexecutive director with senior adviser responsibilities.
* Francesco Trapani will become executive chairman of Italian private equity firm VAM Investments SpA after asset management group Tages agreed to buy an initial 34% stake in the company. Trapani, one of Tages' shareholders, will buy a 15% stake in VAM.
* Polar Capital Holdings PLC appointed Alexa Coates and Quintin Price as nonexecutive directors, subject to the approval of the U.K. Financial Conduct Authority.
* Massimo Tononi resigned as a nonexecutive director of Mediobanca - Banca di Credito Finanziario SpA.
* JSC Subsidiary of Halyk Bank of Kazakhstan Halyk Finance said that the powers of Arnat Abzhanov, a member of its board of directors, have been terminated at his request.
* Permanent TSB Group Holdings PLC named Ruth Wandhöfer nonexecutive director, effective Oct. 30. Wandhöfer will step down from Citibank, where she was a managing director.
* Keen Xu resigned as chairman of ICBC Turkey Bank AS and as a board member. General Manager Xiangyang Gao was named acting chairman of the board and a board member of the Turkish lender. Simultaneously, Deputy General Manager Yubao Chen was named acting general manager.
* Jakob Stott is leaving his position of vice chairman at UBS Group AG's wealth management division, effective at the end of 2018. Stott joined the Swiss lender in 2010 and was appointed to the role in 2016.