trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/CyurJPjQvqc3O-JxtJMJXQ2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

In This List

Feds OK plan to create health reinsurance program in North Dakota

Part Two IFRS 9 Blog Series: The Need to Upgrade Analytical Tools

2018 US Property Casualty Insurance Market Report

Fintech

Fintech Funding Flows To Insurtech In February

Lemonade Growing Premiums Faster Than Esurance's Homeowners Business Did


Feds OK plan to create health reinsurance program in North Dakota

North Dakota Insurance Commissioner Jon Godfread announced that the federal government has approved a proposed state-based reinsurance program for the individual health insurance market.

The program will be in place for the 2020 health insurance plan year.

The reinsurance program will create a mechanism that allows enrollees to remain in the individual market with their current plans and carriers while a portion of their claims is reimbursed by the reinsurance pool.

For 2020 and 2021, the proposed reinsurance program will cover 75% of paid claims between $100,000 and $1 million. Each enrollee's health insurer will cover the remaining 25%. The program will be funded by federal funds and state assessments on companies that do business in the North Dakota group health market.

Estimated rate reductions from the reinsurance plan's implementation will average between 8% to 20% for plans purchased on the individual market, according to the regulator.