trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/CHZs2XfswlHznb4-U_KfqQ2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Report: Bank of China leading race to purchase Irish stockbroker

StreetTalk – Episode 69: Banks left with pockets full of cash and few places to go

Street Talk – Episode 69: Banks left with pockets full of cash and few places to go

Infrastructure Issues: Tools to Dig Deep on Potential Risks

Street Talk Episode 68 - As many investors zig away from bank stocks, 2 vets in the space zag toward them

Report: Bank of China leading race to purchase Irish stockbroker

Bank of China Ltd. is leading the race to potentially acquire Ireland-based Goodbody Stockbrokers, with rival Davy Corp. Finance and Irish Life Group Ltd. also in the running, sources told The Irish Times.

Goodbody's majority owner, Irish financial services firm Fexco Holdings Ltd., was reported in May to be in initial talks with several interested parties regarding a full or partial sale of the stockbroker. Fexco was understood to prefer Davy but a tie-up with the company was expected to result in substantial staff reductions, according to the report.

In 2018, Fexco reportedly agreed to sell Goodbody to a Chinese consortium led by investment holding company Zhongze Group for about €150 million but the deal fell through after the consortium's makeup changed following the agreement, the report added.

Fexco owns a 51% stake in Goodbody, while the remaining 49% is held by the firm's management and staff.