trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/cbrxbD2ecDkuwCLH40ijQg2 content esgSubNav
In This List

West Red Lake to undertake follow-up drilling at namesake gold project

Blog

Gold - Geopolitical tensions and inflation remain key drivers

Blog

Lithium and Cobalt - Softer demand weighs on prices

Blog

Insight Weekly: Ukraine war impact on mining; US bank growth slowdown; cloud computing headwinds

Blog

Insight Weekly: Cryptocurrency's growth; green bond market outlook; coal investors' windfall


West Red Lake to undertake follow-up drilling at namesake gold project

West Red Lake Gold Mines Inc. on Jan. 26 said the next phase of exploration drilling at its 3,100-hectare West Red Lake gold project in northwestern Ontario is slated to begin in the last week of January.

The program will further explore and expand the Rowan mine zones along strike and down plunge to depth to the east of the gold mineralization outlined to-date.

The drilling will follow-up on previous results reported in February 2015, which included 29.97 g/t of gold over 4.0 meters and 162.0 g/t of gold over 1.50 meters.

The exploration target areas are located on the Rowan mine joint venture, which is 60% owned by the company, with Goldcorp Inc. affiliate Red Lake Gold Mines holding the remaining 40%.