* Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago President Charles Evans believes the Fed should continue raising interest rates to move policy "toward a neutral setting and then likely a bit beyond neutral."
* Bank of Canada policymakers have discussed whether they should speed up the pace of potential interest rate hikes or to continue its gradual approach, Senior Deputy Governor Carolyn Wilkins said.
* In Nebraska, First York Ban Corp is seeking to acquire 100% of Franklin State Bancshares' voting shares.
* The Federal Trade Commission is looking to collaborate with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to protect consumers and police markets.
* The National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions has urged Congress to create "a 21st century" version of the Glass-Steagall Act that would separate commercial and investment banking.
* GNI LLC is seeking to become a bank holding company by acquiring 100% of Hamilton, N.D.-based bank Wall Street Holding.
* Chesterfield, Mo.-based Summit Bancshares is seeking to acquire Bank of Houston.
* Kraken CEO Jesse Powell said the cryptocurrency exchange company is firing 57 employees based in North America, Bloomberg News reports.
* Sentient Investment Management, which employs artificial intelligence techniques to trade stocks, has notified investors of its plans to liquidate, Bloomberg News sources say.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.