S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive changes at pharmaceutical, biotech and life sciences companies.
* Simon Dingemans is retiring as GlaxoSmithKline PLC's CFO and board member in May 2019.
* Sangamo Therapeutics Inc. said its senior vice president and chief business officer Curt Herberts III will resign June 1 to pursue an opportunity elsewhere. Concurrently, the company promoted Michael Holmes to senior vice president and chief technology officer.
* Flexion Therapeutics Inc. named David Arkowitz its CFO, replacing Frederick Driscoll, who retired in 2017 but continued with the company as a financial adviser.
* OraSure Technologies Inc. appointed Roberto Cuca to replace Ronald Spair as CFO, effective June 8.
* NeoGenomics Inc. appointed Stephanie Bywater to be the company's chief compliance officer, replacing Steven Jones. Jones, who has been an officer and director at NeoGenomics for 15 years, will continue as executive vice president and a member of the board.
* Syneos Health Inc. permanently appointed Jason Meggs to the position of CFO. Meggs had been the executive vice president and interim CFO of the company since Feb. 21.
* BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. appointed Herm Cukier CEO and a director.
* Versartis Inc. terminated 13 employees, including Chief Medical Officer Robert Gut, as part of plans to cut costs and restructure.
* Menlo Therapeutics Inc. appointed Paul Kwon its chief scientific officer. Kwon was Menlo's chief medical officer prior to the appointment. That position will now be held by Mary Spellman, the company's senior vice president of clinical development.
* Evolus Inc. appointed former Allergan PLC executive David Moatazedi as its president and CEO, replacing Murthy Simhambhatla. The company said Simhambhatla stepped down to pursue other options and was supportive of the transition.
* Proteostasis Therapeutics Inc. said Helen Boudreau resigned as CFO and treasurer of the company to pursue an opportunity elsewhere. She will retain her roles until June 1.
* Nemus Bioscience Inc. said Elizabeth Berecz will be stepping down as CFO, effective May 25. Doug Cesario will be taking over as the new CFO from May 26.
* OncoSec Medical Inc. said it combined the roles of CEO and president May 2, with Daniel O'Connor serving as both.
* Pharnext S.A. appointed Amit Kohli COO.
* TRACON Pharmaceuticals Inc. said Patricia Bitar resigned as CFO, effective June 15.
* Marina Biotech Inc. said Joseph Ramelli resigned as its CEO. Vuong Trieu will take over as interim CEO.
* Sernova Corp. appointed Sean Hodgins its CFO, with immediate effect. Hodgins succeeds Scott Langille.
* Adverum Biotechnologies Inc. said Amber Salzman stepped down as president, CEO and director. The company has appointed Leone Patterson as interim president and CEO. Adverum also announced the resignation of Athena Countouriotis as chief medical officer, to be replaced by Linda Neuman on an interim basis.
* Oncodesign SA said Laurent Gonthiez stepped down as the CFO of the company. Arnaud Lafforgue was appointed to fill the vacated CFO role.
* CytRx Corp. appointed Eric Curtis as the company's president and COO.
* Gemphire Therapeutics Inc. said it appointed interim President and CEO Steven Gullans to those positions permanently.