This feature rounds up recent property news from S&P Global Market Intelligence's covered companies and highlights larger deal coverage already published.
* GPT Group might seek to take complete ownership of the A$1.2 billion MLC Centre in Sydney, as it and co-owner QIC expect to complete the A$500 million redevelopment of the property "within weeks," The Australian reported.
* Hon Kwok Land Investment Co. Ltd.'s Cheerworld Group Ltd. agreed to sell three land parcels in Guangzhou City for 3.18 billion Chinese yuan, by divesting its shares in Smooth Ever Investments Ltd., a company that indirectly owns the properties.
Sunshine City Group Co. Ltd. signed a deal to acquire the target company. The agreement also includes the sale of onshore and offshore loans payable by Smooth Ever Investments.
* Minmetals Land Ltd. said that it signed a new cooperation deal with a China Vanke Co. Ltd. subsidiary in relation to an approximately 2.84 billion-yuan, 50/50 joint venture in Hebei Province. The partnership involves the acquisition and development of land parcels in Xianghe County, Langfang City.
* Shui On Land Ltd. said it will invest roughly 1.41 billion Chinese yuan in Hua Xia Rising (Hong Kong) Ltd., its 50/50 joint venture company with CITIC Ltd. The company plans to make the investment after Hua Xia Rising won the tender for a land parcel in Wuhan.
* Yuexiu Property Co. Ltd.'s subsidiary won the tender for a land parcel in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, for approximately 241.0 million yuan. The Wuhan Hanyang Guobo Avenue Land Parcel has a site area of approximately 15,113 square meters and a total gross floor area of approximately 90,611 square meters.
* Japan Logistics Fund Inc. plans to acquire complete ownership of the Souka Logistics Center in Soka, Saitama, by purchasing LLC M3's 50% stake in the property for ¥8.08 billion, reflecting an NOI yield of 4.4%.
* Japan Retail Fund Investment Corp. plans to acquire a trust beneficiary right in the G-Bldg. Tenjin Nishi-dori 01 property in Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka Prefecture, from SOHGOH REAL ESTATE CO. LTD. for ¥4.85 billion. Japan Retail Fund will use cash on hand to fund the acquisition.
* Heiwa Real Estate REIT completed the ¥3.25 billion purchase of trust beneficial interests in the Of-38 unit at the Across Shinkawa Building in Chuo-ku, Tokyo, from Heiwa Real Estate Co. Ltd., according to a release.
The company also plans to acquire the Re-82 HF Sendai Itsutsubashi Residence property in Sendai City, Miyagi, for ¥850.0 million from an undisclosed seller. The company will use cash on hand to fund the acquisition.
* Kenedix Retail REIT Corp. intends to purchase a trust beneficiary interest in the Seiyu Rakuichi Moriya property in Moriya, Ibaraki, from Seiyu GK for ¥4.11 billion. The company will use cash on hand and borrowings to fund the acquisition.
* Prosperity Real Estate Investment Trust agreed to sell the Harbourfront Landmark Property for HK$885.7 million. Glory Ventures Asia (H.K.) Ltd. is the buyer of the three-level commercial area with a total gross rentable area of 77,021 square feet.
* VinaLand Ltd. recorded US$10.9 million of net proceeds from the sale of its entire stake in Project BD, a 94.7-hectare land parcel in Binh Duong Province that can be developed into a residential township.
Goodman to sell remaining assets in UK fund for £500M: The company chose Europa Capital as the preferred bidder for its remaining assets in the Arlington Business Parks Partnership, The Australian reported.
China Vanke, Banyan Tree seeks consolidated hotel portfolio in China: China Vanke formed a joint venture with Banyan Tree that aims to consolidate the ownership of Banyan Tree-branded hotels and assets in China, and for the development and management of new projects.
Eco World forms JV to develop 7.76B Malaysian ringgit townships: Eco World Development formed a joint venture with the Employees Provident Fund Board for the development of two townships in the town of Batu Kawan, located in Penang, Malaysia.
MTR's Hong Kong residential project attracts 39 expressions of interest: China Overseas Land & Investment, Wheelock, Vanke Property, Hong Kong International Construction Investment Management Group, New World Development and Chinachem were some of the interested companies, the South China Morning Post reported.
UOL Group plans purchase of Singapore freehold asset for S$156M: UOL Group was granted the option to purchase the property for S$156.0 million, with two weeks to exercise the buy option.
Brookfield Property mulls 25% stake sale in A$1.8B Sydney development: A 25% stake in the Wynyard Station project could be worth A$450 million to A$500 million, The Australian Financial Review reported.
Report: Blackstone in discussions for 8.50B rupee Mumbai office tower: buy The private-equity giant is in talks to purchase about half of the 657,000-square-foot First International Financial Centre building, with the deal expected to close over the next few weeks.
Industrial & Infrastructure Fund to buy 11 properties for ¥34B: The company will finance the deal through cash on hand, loans and an issuance of new units.
MTR sets bidding deadline for HK$4.68B Hong Kong site: The company will accept bids for the land parcel near Wong Chuk Hang Station in Hong Kong until Feb. 27, The (Hong Kong) Standard reported.
Some external links may require a subscription.