This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. REITs and REOCs, homebuilders and gaming operators.
* Judd Gilats will become WPT Industrial Real Estate Investment Trust's new CFO, effective upon the retirement of current CFO Dennis Heieie, who intends to retire at the end of June.
* Qi Tang, formerly an executive at Dream Global REIT, will assume the acting CFO role at RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust, effective April 3.
* Carey Watermark Investors Inc., Carey Watermark Investors 2 Inc., Corporate Property Associates 18 Global Inc. and Corporate Property Associates 17 - Global Inc. appointed Mallika Sinha CFO, effective March 24, replacing ToniAnn Sanzone, who stepped down.
* Ramco-Gershenson Properties Trust named Raymond Merk chief accounting officer.
* Aaron Fischer, MGM Resorts International's senior vice president of corporate development, will assume the role of the company's chief strategy officer, subject to gaming or other legal and regulatory approvals.
* Jamie Handwerker joined Lexington Realty Trust's board of trustees. Handwerker, whose appointment was effective March 28, is a partner at KSH Capital and also serves on the board of Benefit Street Partners Realty Trust Inc.
* James Nelson was added to Global Net Lease's board as an independent director.
* Washington Real Estate Investment Trust named Taryn Fielder senior vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary. Fielder, whose appointment was effective March 29, previously worked at DiamondRock Hospitality Co.