* Synovus Financial, JPMorgan, Wells Fargo and First Republic Bank are expected to release their quarterly results before markets open today.
* The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau intends to scrap the underwriting specifications of its payday lending rule, sources told American Banker.
* The U.S. Supreme Court declined Texas-based State National Bank of Big Spring's challenge to the structure of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Reuters reports.
* Wilmington, Del.-based PNC Bank, a unit of PNC Financial Services, is acquiring broker/dealer Ambassador Financial Group.
* Electronic trading platform TradeStation Group is looking to enter the cryptocurrency markets in 2019 through newly formed subsidiary TradeStation Crypto.
* U.S. cryptocurrency exchange Bittrex has rolled out an over-the-counter trading desk that will support nearly 200 cryptocurrencies already available on the exchange.
* Aspen Insurance Holdings is selling its U.K. regional managing general agency, Aspen Risk Management, Insurance Insider reports.
* U.S. insurance regulators have approved China Oceanwide Holdings Group's pending acquisition of Genworth Financial.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.