This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. real estate investment trusts and homebuilders.
* Hotel real estate investment trust DiamondRock Hospitality Co. named Jeffrey Donnelly executive vice president and CFO, effective Aug. 19. Donnelly most recently was the managing director of equity research at Wells Fargo Securities.
* Regional mall REIT Macerich Co. named Will Voegele to the newly created role of executive vice president and chief development officer. Voegele was formerly an executive at Brookfield Properties and Forest City Realty Trust Inc.
* The board of prison REIT CoreCivic Inc. rejected Robert Dennis' resignation. Dennis submitted the resignation after he failed to receive a majority of the votes for reelection at the company's 2019 annual meeting in May.
* Cominar Real Estate Investment Trust named Mélanie Vallée vice president of data and technology, and Alexandra Faciu executive director of asset management.
* M. Thomas Buoy will resign as executive vice president of revenue at hotelier Extended Stay America Inc., effective Dec. 31.