S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a daily summary of ratings actions on European, Middle Eastern and African financial institutions and economies.
* Fitch Ratings affirmed HSH Nordbank AG's BB+/B long- and short-term issuer default ratings and subsequently withdrew them, citing commercial reasons. The long-term rating carried a stable outlook at the time of withdrawal. Fitch also affirmed and withdrew the German bank's BBB-/F3 long- and short-term deposit ratings, "bb+" viability rating, 5 support rating and No Floor support rating floor, among others.
* S&P Global Ratings assigned BBB/A-2 long- and short-term issuer credit ratings to Citadel Securities (Europe) Ltd., with a stable outlook on the long-term rating.
* Moody's placed on review with direction uncertain certain ratings of Norddeutsche Landesbank Girozentrale and those of some of its units, including their long- and short-term issuer and bank deposit ratings, baseline and adjusted baseline credit assessments and long- and short-term counterparty risk assessments and ratings. Among the units affected were Bremer Landesbank Kreditanstalt Oldenburg-Girozentrale and Deutsche Hypothekenbank AG.
* Fitch affirmed the long- and short-term issuer default ratings of Crédit Immobilier de France Développement SA, or CIFD, and unit Caisse Centrale du Crédit Immobilier de France SA at A/F1, with stable outlooks on the long-term rating. The 1 support ratings and A support rating floors were affirmed for the entities but Fitch subsequently withdrew the ratings for the unit.
* Fitch assigned Moscow-based Interstate Bank a short-term issuer default rating of B. At the same time, the agency affirmed the bank's BB long-term issuer default rating, with a positive outlook.
* Moody's extended the review for downgrade on the ratings of Russia's Public Stock Co. Orient Express Bank, including its B3 long-term local- and foreign-currency bank deposit ratings, "b3" baseline and adjusted baseline credit assessments and B2(cr) long-term counterparty risk assessment.
* Fitch said the outlook for the western European banking sector in 2019 is stable, on the back of balance pressure on profitability due to improving capitalization and strong asset quality in most nations in the region.
* Moody's affirmed Experian Finance PLC's long- and short-term issuer rating at Baa1/Prime-2, with a stable outlook on the long-term rating.
* Fitch affirmed the long- and short-term issuer default ratings of Erste Abwicklungsanstalt at AAA/F1+, with the long-term rating carrying a stable outlook. Also affirmed were the company's support rating at 1, its senior unsecured debt and issuance program ratings at AAA/F1+ and its derivative counterparty rating at AAA(dcr).
* Moody's affirmed the A3 long-term local- and foreign-currency senior unsecured debt and issuer ratings of Germany-based Volkswagen Financial Services AG and withdrew the stable outlook on the ratings. The agency also affirmed the company's local-currency commercial paper rating at Prime-2.
* Fitch affirmed France-based Dexia Crédit Local SA BBB+/F2 long- and short-term issuer default ratings, with a stable outlook on the long-term rating. Fitch also affirmed Dexia's support rating at 2, support rating floor at BBB+ and derivative counterparty rating at BBB+(dcr).
* Fitch affirmed Lebanon's B-/B long- and short-term foreign- and local-currency issuer default ratings and revised the outlook on the long-term ratings to negative from stable.
* Fitch downgraded the long- and short-term foreign- and local-currency issuer default ratings of Oman to BB+/B from BBB-/F3, with a stable outlook on the long-term ratings. Also lowered to BBB- from BBB was Oman's country ceiling.
Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.
This S&P Global Market Intelligence news article may contain information about credit ratings issued by S&P Global Ratings. Descriptions in this news article were not prepared by S&P Global Ratings.