S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Industrial & Commercial Bank of China (Asia) Ltd. named Gao Ming as chairman and executive director of the bank, effective Feb. 1.
* Punjab & Sind Bank said that Arvind Kumar Jain stepped down as executive director, effective Jan. 31.
* Rizal Commercial Banking Corp. appointed Richard David Funk III as chief compliance officer with the rank of first senior vice president. The bank also appointed Juan Tomas IV as customer service support segment head with the rank of senior vice president and Cecilia Natividad head of its marketing group. Funk's and Tomas' appointments are effective Feb. 1, while Natividad's appointment is effective March 6.
* Janata Bank Nepal Ltd. appointed Keshab Bahadur Rayamajhi as chairman.
* Mizuho Financial Group Inc. appointed Koji Fujiwara as president and CEO of Mizuho Bank Ltd. Further, Nobuhide Hayashi was appointed as chairman of Mizuho Bank, while Tetsuo Iimori was named president and CEO of Mizuho Trust & Banking Co. Ltd. Fujiwara will step down as a board member and managing executive officer of Mizuho Financial Group, among other changes. All appointments and resignations are effective April 1.
* Evercore Partners Inc. has added Masuo Fukuda to its investment banking business as a senior managing director to establish its office in Tokyo.
* Bangkok Life Assurance PCL appointed Vipon Vorasowharid as president, effective March 1.
* T&D Financial Life Insurance Co., a core unit of T&D Holdings Inc., appointed Masafumi Itasaka as president and representative director, effective April 1.
* JLT Reinsurance Brokers Ltd. appointed William Pang as managing director of JLT Re Philippines, subject to regulatory approval. Pang will relocate to Manila in the first quarter.
* Prime Commercial Bank Ltd. appointed Bishwa Keshar Maskey as director and Uday Mohan Shrestha as chairperson of the bank. Shrestha will replace Umesh Shrestha as chairperson.
* Centrum Capital Ltd. named Shujaat Khan as managing director and head of its planned multistrategy alternate asset management business.
* Indian Overseas Bank said R. Sampath Kumar ceased to be a workmen employee director of the bank. Kumar demitted office Jan. 24.
* The Indian government nominated J. Sadakkadulla as a director on State Bank of Travancore's board, effective Jan. 30.
* Shriram City Union Finance Ltd. named Ramasubramanian Chandrasekar as CFO and key managerial personnel, effective Jan. 30. Chandrasekar replaces Subhasri Sriram who resigned, effective Jan. 30.
* Narendra Jivaraj Kotiawala stepped down as officer employee director of Oriental Bank of Commerce, effective Jan. 29.
* Suhail Nathani ceased to be an independent director of DCB Bank Ltd. on Jan. 28.
* Punjab & Sind Bank said Anita Karnavar stepped down as part-time nonofficial director, effective Jan. 29.
* Standard Chartered Plc added three former HSBC Holdings Plc bankers to its private banking team in Greater China and North Asia. The bank appointed Teddy Kwong as managing director for private banking, Peter Lam as deputy market head of private banking and James Ling as executive director and team leader of its private banking division.
* Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc. will hire about 20 private bankers from Barclays Plc in Japan as the two companies terminate their wealth management partnership, Bloomberg News reported.
* Hitachi Capital Corp. said Hironori Tozawa resigned as senior vice president and head of the corporate sales and marketing group, while Jun Kataoka stepped down as vice president and executive officer, and co-head of the corporate sales and marketing group. Further, Kiyoshi Kojima will step down as senior vice president and executive officer. The resignations are effective March 31.
* BNP Paribas SA said Thierry Olive will take on a new investment banking role within the BNP Paribas group in Asia. Olive was replaced by Andreas Bernstorff, who was named head of ECM in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
* Paduka Noor Zakiah Binti Tengku Ismail stepped down as chairman and nonindependent nonexecutive director of Kenanga Investment Bank Bhd. Further, Y Bhg Datuk Chay Wai Leong stepped down as executive director. The changes are effective Jan. 28.
* BDO Unibank Inc. appointed Howard Lincoln D. Son as senior vice president for its Hong Kong branch, effective Feb. 16.
* Syarikat Takaful Malaysia Bhd. appointed Jazimin Izzat Bin Wan Zoolkifli as CFO, effective Feb. 1.
* Asahi Mutual Life Insurance Co. named Hiroki Kimura as its new president, effective April 1. Incumbent President Yoshiki Sato will become chairman of the company.
* Daiwa Securities Group Inc. appointed Deputy President and COO Seiji Nakata as president, effective April 1. Nakata will become president of the company and unit Daiwa Securities Co. Ltd., The Nikkei reported.
* Bank of Ayudhya PCL appointed Sayam Prasitsirigul as head of its SME banking group.
* Pan Asia Banking Corp. Plc appointed Gardiya Lokuge Harris Premaratne as deputy chairman, effective Jan. 25.
* Song Junxiang stepped down as an employee representative supervisor at China Pacific Insurance (Group) Co. Ltd., effective Jan. 25.
* China Banking Corp. appointed Ryan Tapia as COO and managing director, as well as head of M&A and advisory, for its unit China Bank Capital Corp., effective Nov. 2, 2016. In addition, the bank promoted Lilian Yu to managing director and head of credit structuring for China Bank Capital, effective Feb. 1.
* Barclays Plc named Jaideep Khanna and Reid Marsh as co-heads for Asia-Pacific to replace Andy Jones, who is stepping down as CEO for the region, the Financial Times reported.
* China Pacific Insurance (Group) Co. Ltd. said Vice President Wu Zongmin resigned for personal reasons.