S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a rundown of executive changes in the U.S. technology, media and telecommunications industries.
* Verizon Media LLC appointed Rathi Murthy chief technology officer, overseeing the company's global technology strategy. Rathi joins the Verizon Communications Inc. unit from Gap Inc., where she was also the technology chief.
* RealNetworks Inc. CFO Cary Baker is stepping down from the role to pursue a new opportunity, effective Feb. 15. The company appointed Michael Ensing as interim CFO. Ensing most recently was CFO of TVI Inc. and will join the company on Jan. 10 as a strategic adviser.
* Facebook Inc. is forming a new engineering team in Singapore that will focus on creating ad-buying tools for the Chinese market, Reuters reported. The team is intended to serve customers in Asia and global advertisers, a company spokeswoman added.
* News Corp. named David Doctorow CEO of its Move Inc. unit, effective Feb. 3. Doctorow succeeds Tracey Fellows, who was named as interim CEO following the departure of Ryan O'Hara in June 2019. Doctorow joins Move from eBay Inc.
* Comcast Corp. named Marci Ryvicker senior vice president of investor relations, effective mid-January. Ryvicker will replace Jason Armstrong, who was promoted to group CFO at European pay TV operator Sky Ltd, beginning Feb. 1.
* Dan Ellis will succeed Mark McDonald as the head of AMC Entertainment Inc.'s development and international department, following McDonald's retirement at the end of February. Ellis most recently was head of domestic development at AMC.
* DXC Technology Co. hired Steve Turpie as senior vice president and general manager for the company's region covering the U.K., Ireland, Israel, and the Middle East and Africa. Maruf Majed, who has led the region, will retire from the company but will remain on the DXC senior leadership team to ensure a smooth handover through March 31.
* Adobe Inc. appointed Anil Chakravarthy as executive vice president and general manager of its digital experience business.
* Gannett Co. Inc. CFO Alison Engel will leave the company at the end of the first quarter. Mark Maring, currently treasurer at Gannett, is expected to lead the finance function after Engel's departure until a new CFO is appointed.
* Marcia Lobaito is retiring as senior vice president and director of business affairs of Saga Communications Inc., effective March 13. She will continue as corporate secretary.
* Blake Kuhre joined Meet Group as senior vice president of corporate development, where he will lead the company's video platform as a service business and general corporate development efforts. Kuhre was head of global partnerships at livestreaming platform LiveMe.
* Henry Hryckiewicz was appointed chief technology officer of WideOpenWest Inc., also known as WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone. Hryckiewicz replaces Matt Bell, who left his role as the company's technology chief in September 2019.
* Spok Holdings Inc. appointed CFO Michael Wallace to the role of COO of the healthcare communications company. Wallace joined Spok as CFO in March 2017.
* Peter Halt stepped down as CFO of TiVo Corp. following the recently announced agreement to combine TiVo and Xperi Corp. in a $3 billion transaction. Halt will remain with the company in an advisory role beginning Jan. 2 through March 31. The company's board approved the appointment of Chief Accounting Officer Wesley Gutierrez as its new CFO.
* Perion Network Ltd. unit Undertone Networks Inc. named Paul Prior COO of the company, effective January. Prior most recently was president at ZEDO Inc.