S&P Global Market Intelligence presents In Play Today, a periodic summary of potential deal activity in the financial sectors of Europe, the Middle East and Africa. This summary, which is displayed according to the location of a target's headquarters, is based on information obtained by S&P Global Market Intelligence and may not be inclusive of all potential deal activity.
* Generali may acquire more boutique asset managers, Reuters reported, citing group CEO Philippe Donnet. The group is in exclusive talks to buy a majority stake in Sycomore Asset Management.
* Slovenia intends to off-load its majority stakes in lenders Nova Ljubljanska banka d.d. and Abanka d.d. by the end of 2019, Reuters reported, citing Andrej Bertoncelj, the country's future finance minister.
* Société Générale SA's Polish unit, Euro Bank SA, has received acquisition offers from Alior Bank SA and Millennium BCP, Reuters reported. French lender Crédit Agricole SA is also vying for Euro Bank.
* U.K.-based True Potential LLP is exploring a sale that could value it at close to £2 billion, Sky News reported.
* Russia-based O1 Group plans to transfer temporary control of financial group Budushchee to Cyprus-based Riverstretch Trading & Investments. The Cypriot company will most likely act as a temporary owner of Budushchee pension funds, and they could be merged with pension funds Neftegarant NPF, Neftegarant NPO and Soglasie OPS, linked to Region and PAO Credit Bank of Moscow's majority shareholder Rossium.
* Austria-based Erste Group Bank AG intends to buy out minority shareholders' stakes in Czech unit Ceská sporitelna a.s., Reuters reported, citing Czech daily E15.
Middle East and Africa
* Abraaj Group Ltd.'s fund unit received a bid of $1 from private equity firm Actis LLP, Bloomberg News reported, citing people familiar with the matter. Vistria Group LP, Rohatyn Group, Agility Public Warehousing Co. K.S.C.P. and Abu Dhabi Financial Group also set out bids for the business. Colony Capital Inc., Helios Capital Management, National Bank of Kuwait SAKP unit NBK Capital Partners; Centricus Asset Management Ltd. and Brookfield Asset Management Inc., have also reportedly shown interest in Abraaj Group's different business divisions.
* The Bank of Israel has approved U.S.-Israeli billionaire Shari Arison's request to reduce her stake in Bank Hapoalim BM to not more than 5% from approximately 20% at present.
* Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank PJSC confirmed that it is in talks with United Arab Emirates-based peers Union National Bank - PJSC and Al Hilal Bank PJSC regarding a potential merger or combination.