S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* UBS Group AG unit UBS Asset Management AG appointed Raymond Yin head of China onshore and managing director.
* Shaktikanta Das was named as governor of the Reserve Bank of India, succeeding Urjit Patel who resigned Dec. 10.
* Commonwealth Bank of Australia appointed Genevieve Bell an independent nonexecutive director, effective Jan. 1, 2019.
* Philippine Veterans Bank named Renato Claravall president and COO, effective Dec. 1.
* Rizal Commercial Banking Corp. appointed Eugene Acevedo deputy CEO, effective Jan. 2, 2019.
* Tokyo Star Bank Ltd. said its chairman, Pin-Kung Chiang, died Dec. 10.
* Australia's Blue Sky Alternative Investments Ltd. appointed Cheryl Edwardes, John McDonald and Robert Kaye independent nonexecutive directors.
* Srinivasan Sridhar was elected a shareholder director of India's Bank of Baroda, effective Dec. 12.
* India-based Optimus Finance Ltd. provisionally appointed Nihar Naik an independent nonexecutive director.
* Chao Zhu resigned as a director of China's Qudian Inc., effective Dec. 8.
* Hong Kong Exchanges & Clearing Ltd. said co-COO and head of markets Roger Lee will be retiring Dec. 31. Lee will also retire as CEO of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Ltd. and Hong Kong Futures Exchange Ltd., effective Jan. 1, 2019.
* Australia's IOOF Holdings Ltd. Managing Director Christopher Kelaher and Chairman George Venardos are taking leave following the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority's move to commence disqualification proceedings against them and other executives and directors.
* Bank of Beijing Co. Ltd. named Liu Zhendong, Zhu Baocheng, He Hongxin and Yan Kexing directors, and Zhang Guanghua, Zhao Lifen and Yang Yunjie independent directors.
* Amitabh Chaturvedi was nominated a board director of India-based LKP Finance Ltd.
* Taiwan's Fubon Securities Co. Ltd. said Chi-Chin Huang stepped down as an independent director.
* Sri Amarnath Finance Ltd. said Sujan Mehta and Rajesh Singal resigned as nonexecutive independent directors.
* India's Purshottam Investofin Ltd. said Deependra Singh Negi stepped down as CFO. The company named Rahul Kumar to replace Negi.
* A.S. Rajeev stepped down as director of Ind Bank Housing Ltd. and nonexecutive director of Indbank Merchant Banking Services Ltd.
* IL&FS Investment Managers Ltd. appointed Nand Kishore and Kaushik Modak additional directors.
* Bank of Gansu Co. Ltd. said Li Xin, Lei Tie and Chen Aiguo retired as directors.
* Hong Kong-based Asia Resources Holdings Ltd. said Chan Yuk Sang resigned as an executive director.
* First Growth Funds Ltd. appointed Anoosh Manzoori as executive chairman.