S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Sompo Holdings Inc. appointed Masahiro Hamada as group chief strategy officer, group chief information officer and managing executive officer, effective April 1. Hamada takes over from Shinichi Urakawa, who retires as group chief information officer March 31.
* R.H. Phadnis was named chief risk officer of India-based Bank of Maharashtra.
* Malvinder Mohan Singh and Shivinder Mohan Singh departed the board of Religare Enterprises Ltd., effective Feb. 14.
* India's Ashika Credit Capital Ltd. has named Suparna Sengupta an additional independent director on its board, effective Feb. 14.
* FWD Group Management Holdings Ltd. appointed Arthur Lee as its new chairman for Southeast Asia and executive vice president of new markets and corporate governance.
* U.S.-based CME Group Inc. appointed Tim Smith as head of sales for Asia. Smith will be based in Hong Kong.
* Nathporn Chatusripitak was appointed as a new independent director of Krungthai Card PCL.
* The Hong Kong government appointed Cha May-Lung and Hung Pi Cheng as members of Hong Kong Exchanges & Clearing Ltd.'s board of directors for a term of two years.
* China Commercial Credit Inc. appointed Kecen Liu as a director on its board, effective Feb. 12.
* Islami Bank Bangladesh Ltd. has appointed Md. Shamsuzzaman and Mohammed Monirul Moula as additional managing directors.
* Australia & New Zealand Banking Group Ltd. plans to cut about 40 jobs from its Wellington, New Zealand, office and transfer the roles to the Philippines, Stuff reported.
* XL Catlin Insurance appointed Phil Xue as CEO (general manager) of its unit XL Insurance (China) Co. Ltd. Xue will also serve as country manager for XL Catlin Insurance's operations in China.
* Singapore-based Hong Leong Finance Ltd. appointed Yeo Poh Nguok, Joan as CFO of the company, effective Feb. 19.
* Bank of Guiyang Co. Ltd. obtained regulatory approval for the appointment of Mu Xihua as director, and Dai Guoqiang, Zhu Ciyun, Yang Xiong and Liu Yunhong as independent directors.
* Dongxing Securities Co. Ltd. said that Shao Xiaoyi resigned as a director on the company's board.
* India-based Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. has appointed Sajeev Krishnan as an additional director on its board, effective Feb. 8.
* Nguyen Canh Vinh stepped down as general director of Vietnam's Southeast Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank, Viet Nam News reported.
* Ahmad Zaini Othman, president and CEO of Malaysia Building Society Bhd., was appointed as CEO of Asian Finance Bank Bhd.
* Li Fang stepped down as non-employee representative supervisor and chairman of the supervisory committee of CITIC Securities Co. Ltd., effective Feb. 9.
* Shamsul Hasan resigned as director of Pakistan-based Silkbank Ltd., effective Feb. 8.
* China Fortune Financial Group Ltd. said it redesignated nonexecutive director Hua Yang as CEO and an executive director.
* India-based Manappuram Finance Ltd. appointed Gautam Narayan as a nonexecutive director, effective Feb. 8.