This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. real estate investment trusts and homebuilders.
* Martin Stein Jr. of Regency Centers Corp. will transition to executive chairman from chairman and CEO, effective Jan. 1, 2020. President Lisa Palmer will add the CEO title and step down as CFO, effective Aug. 12. Mike Mas will become executive vice president and CFO.
The shopping center landlord also named Jim Thompson executive vice president and COO, and Mac Chandler executive vice president and chief investment officer.
Jeffrey Tapley, Managing Director, EMEA
Source: Digital Realty
* Diversified REIT Armada Hoffler Properties Inc. named Shawn Tibbetts COO, effective Aug. 26. Tibbetts succeeds Eric Smith, who resigned in November 2018.
* J. Page Lansdale will resign as president and COO of Saul Centers Inc., effective Dec. 31, but will keep his board seat. Chairman and CEO Bernard Saul II will add the title of president, pending board approval.
* COO of commercial real estate brokerage firm Marcus & Millichap Inc., Mitch LaBar, will retire at the end of 2019. LaBar's responsibilities will be taken over by J.D. Parker and Richard Matricaria, executive vice presidents of Marcus & Millichap Real Estate Investment Services Inc.
* Marcus & Millichap added former HCP Inc. and Jones Lang LaSalle Inc. executive and board member Lauralee Martin to its board, effective Aug. 1.
Cynthia Kantor, Chief Product Officer, Corporate Solutions
* JLL tapped Cynthia Kantor as chief product officer for its corporate solutions business. Kantor most recently was was senior general manager of contractual services at GE Gas Power.
* Data center REIT Digital Realty Trust Inc. appointed Jeffrey Tapley as managing director for Europe, Middle East and Africa.
* Colliers International Group Inc. named Scott Nelson as CEO of its Occupier Services | Global division.