S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Challenger Ltd. appointed Melanie Willis and John Green independent nonexecutive directors of the company and unit Challenger Life Co. Ltd., effective Dec. 6. Meanwhile, Jonathan Grunzweig will step down from the boards of Challenger and Challenger Life.
* Dnister Ukrainian Credit Co-operative Ltd. appointed David Hassett its new chairman to replace Wal Mykytenko. In addition, Michael Kornitschuk was named deputy chairman.
* Bangladesh's central bank removed Dewan Mujibur Rahman as managing director of NRB Commercial Bank Ltd. over gross irregularities, including corruption, The Daily Star reported.
* BDO Leasing & Finance Inc. appointed Angelita Tad-Y chief risk and compliance officer, effective Dec. 16, subject to regulatory approval.
* Bank of America Corp. named Sunil Khaitan head of its global capital markets business in India, Bloomberg News reported. He will assume his new role in March 2018, replacing Sanjeev Jha, who died in September.
* Xia Taili will no longer serve as employee supervisor of Agricultural Bank of China Ltd. following the expiry of his term.
* Waterland Financial Holding Co. Ltd. unit Waterland Securities Investment Consulting Co. Ltd. appointed Chen Yang-kang its new chairman, effective Dec. 4. Chen replaces Cheng Hsueh-yen, whose tenure as chairman has expired.
* Citigroup Inc. hired Zoher Karu head of data and analytics for its retail operations in Asia, Financial Times reported.
* Nigel Williams is set to retire as chief risk officer of Australia & New Zealand Banking Group Ltd. at the end of March 2018. ANZ plans to announce a successor to Williams in early 2018.
* UCO Bank appointed K. Rajivan Nair as a director on its board, effective Dec. 2.
* Infosys Ltd. hired Salil Parekh as CEO and managing director, effective Jan. 2, 2018.
* Yuanta Financial Holdings Co. Ltd. named Laiochen Lin chairman of unit Yuanta International Insurance Brokers, replacing Terry Yang, effective Dec. 1.
* Australia-based Credit Union SA Ltd. named Carolyn Mitchell chairman, effective Dec. 1. Mitchell replaces Alexandrea Cannon.
* First Financial Holding Co. Ltd. said Taiwan's Ministry of Finance appointed Su Li-chiung a director to act as its representative on the company's board, effective Dec. 1. Su replaced Liao Hui-fan, who stepped down Nov. 27.
* Julius Bär Gruppe AG appointed Chew Mun-Yew head of its Taiwan-based subsidiary, finews.com reported.
* Bank of East Asia Ltd. redesignated Winston Lo Yau-lai and Daryl Ng Win-kong nonexecutive directors, effective Jan. 1, 2018.
* Masahiko Maekawa joined Nomura Holdings Inc. as senior managing director and head of merchant banking division, effective Jan. 1, 2018.
* Industrial Securities Co. Ltd. appointed Yang Huahui chairman and Liu Zhihui as president.
* South Korea's Woori Bank named acting chief Sohn Tae-seung its new president and CEO for a three-year term.
* Indian Overseas Bank elected Navin Prakash Sinha to its board for a three-year term. The appointment is effective Dec. 8.
* Bank of New Zealand appointed Mandy Rutherford CFO, effective March 5, 2018. The appointment is subject to regulatory approval.