S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a daily roundup of management and board changes in the bank and thrift industry. This feature excludes C-level leadership changes and stories previously covered by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
* Progress Bank and Trust named Shain Segars senior vice president and mortgage division head.
The Huntsville, Ala.-based bank is a unit of Progress Financial Corp.
* Bayonne, N.J.-based BCB Bancorp Inc.'s board has nominated Vincent DiDomenico Jr., for a three-year term as director at the annual meeting of shareholders, which will be held April 26.
DiDomenico is the founder and managing member of Delta Holdings LLC, et al., developers of commercial real estate in the New Jersey and New York Metropolitan Area.
* Charles Cottrell was nominated to the board of Atmore, Ala.-based United Bancorp. of Alabama Inc., which will hold its annual meeting of stockholders on May 2.
Cottrell, a pharmacist, is co-owner of Medical Center Pharmacy and Buy Rite Drugs and 15 other local pharmacies.
* Peabody, Mass.-based Meridian Bancorp Inc. appointed Joyce Murphy to its board.
* Michael Covell is up for election as a director at Hamilton, Bermuda-based Bank of N.T. Butterfield & Son Ltd.'s annual general meeting, which will be held April 19.
Covell is currently the owner of Cura Opis Ltd., a U.K. company that provides Covell's services to various companies, wealthy individuals, private trusts and private equity firms.
* South State Bank appointed Mike Spitzmiller commercial sales leader for South Carolina and executive vice president.
He will continue to serve in his current role as commercial banking executive for the upstate region of South Carolina.
The South Carolina-based bank is a subsidiary of South State Corp.
* Richlands, Va.-based First Region Bancshares Inc. and unit First Sentinel Bank disclosed the appointment of John Breedlove as a director, according to the bank's website.
Breedlove is the president of Heintzmann Corp. in Richlands.