trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/UvjTpvNU-tqxaYzL8VHvIQ2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Nippon Koei, RNA Energy join forces to build energy storage projects in UK

Q2: U.S. Solar and Wind Power by the Numbers

Essential Energy Insights - September 17, 2020

Essential Energy Insights September 2020

Rate case activity slips, COVID-19 proceedings remain at the forefront in August

Nippon Koei, RNA Energy join forces to build energy storage projects in UK

Japanese engineering firm Nippon Koei Co. Ltd. is forming a joint venture with U.K.-based RNA Energy Ltd. to build electricity storage projects in Britain.

Initially, the two companies agreed to invest approximately £25.1 million to construct two separate 50-MW battery storage projects. Nippon's Netherlands subsidiary Nippon Koei Energy Europe will have an 80% stake in the joint venture, while the remaining 20% will be held by RNA Energy.

The joint venture's name and location is yet to be determined, according to a news release. The financing will close by June 30.

The Nippon subsidiary said it expects to gather engineering, procurement and construction funds for providing related services for the two projects. The financing will close by June 30.

RNA Energy develops smart storage projects that deliver grid balancing services and behind the meter solutions to industrial users. The company currently has more than 200 MW of operating renewable energy assets in the U.K.